This recipe has been brought to you by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser.
But all opinions here are mine.
This Dove® Fruit Peanut Brittle is so easy to make it comes together in only 15 minutes!
Desserts are big for me, I love most any kind. I’m not big on making dessert…but eating them is never a problem.
I do have a few easier dessert recipes that I can throw together if I have to, but most of the time I rely on opening a package of something – like Dove® Fruit. But what could I do to turn Dove® Fruit into an ingredient instead of just opening the bag and pouring them in your mouth?
I’ve never done that – I swear.
I found a few recipes for peanut brittle that seemed pretty easy to make so I thought I’d give it a shot and melt the Dove® Fruit on top. Sounds pretty good so far right?
Now to go out and grab my ingredients. I ran to the closest Walmart and headed over to the candy isle. Next problem, which one to buy? A whole display of all the flavors.
Cranberry, cherry and blueberry.
I grabbed all three just to be on the safe side. Whatever is left will just be for snacking on.
The great thing about Dove® Fruit is that it’s real dark chocolate combined with whole fruit so it not only tastes great but it’s one of the better dessert options you could grab.
Like I said, this brittle is easy and quick but you do need to pay attention to the steps and use a thermometer for this one.
The ingredients for this brittle are simple – just some sugar, peanuts, flavorings and of course your bag (or bags) of Dove® Fruit.
Set your thermometer on the side of a pot and add in some corn syrup, brown sugar, white sugar and salt in a medium pan and bring to a boil.
Stir in some butter and vanilla and bring to a boil.
Add in the peanuts and baking soda and stir until it gets lighter in color, just for a minute.
Carefully pour onto a greased baking sheet and let cool for 3 minutes. Then add your Dove® Fruit to the top of the brittle just so they stick to the top.
Now you’ve gotta smash it up. I know, it looks to good to start destroying, but go ahead and break it into big pieces.
Check out the Dove® Fruit social hub for more recipes like this one…if you’re not a pour out of the bag into your mouth type of person.
You can also download a coupon for Dove® Fruit, because I know you’re going to need to run out and get some.
- 1 package (6 oz.) Dove® Fruit Blueberries
- 1/2 c. corn syrup
- 1/4 c. water
- 1/2 c. brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 c. white sugar
- 1/8 t. salt
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 3 T. butter
- 1 1/2 c. roasted peanuts
- 1 t. baking soda
- Start by adding some corn syrup, water, brown sugar, white sugar and salt in a medium pan, stir and bring to a boil.
- Place a candy thermometer in you pan and then add in the butter and vanilla, stir for a few seconds and then let the mixture heat up to 230º F.
- Once it reaches 230º F, start stirring again until you get the mixture up to 290º F, then add in the peanuts.
- Stir again until it reaches 300º F and then let it cook for one minute more.
- Last step is to add in baking soda and just stir until it's combined.
- Carefully pour onto a greased baking sheet and spread into an even layer.
- Add your Dove® Fruit to the top of the brittle pushing down lightly just so they stick to the top.
- Let the brittle cool to room temperature and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes for the chocolate to set.
- Break into large pieces and serve.