This Slow Cooker Meatballs recipe is the perfect way to have a comfort food dinner even on busy nights! Just cook the pasta and dinner is done!
Of course we LOVE our Grandma’s Sunday Meatballs and Sauce recipe, but it does take a bit to get together and cook, and we don’t always have time for that. With this slow cooker meatball recipe you can enjoy meatballs and sauce any night of the week. Just add a loaf of buttery Garlic Bread and dinner is ready!
Easy, Slow Cooker Meatball Recipe
Everyone needs a super delicious, easy dinner recipe in their back pocket and let me tell you, this Slow Cooker Meatballs and Sauce recipe is it. Enjoy a warming, comfort food dinner without any effort, and clean up is a breeze.
This meatball recipe also feeds a crowd, making it perfect for Sunday dinners or for serving at parties. You can easily double this recipe or have two crock pots going at once!
How Do You Make Slow Cooker Meatballs?
Start by mixing the ingredients together for the meatballs:
- Ground beef
- Panko Breadcrumbs
- Parmesan Cheese
- Italian Seasoning
- Salt and Pepper
Form the meatballs with a 2 tablespoon scooper, a little larger than golf ball size, and place them in the bottom of your slow cooker. If you can get them in a single layer, that’s optimal, but if you can’t just gently stack them and don’t move them around until the meatballs are set and cooked through.
Pour on your favorite jar of marinara sauce mixed with 3/4 cup of water and set on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
How Do You Serve This Meatball Recipe?
We like to cook up some spaghetti to serve with this Slow Cooker Meatballs recipe, but any pasta shape will do. The sauce will be enough for about one pound of pasta.
Of course you can also just eat these meatballs as is, or on a sub roll with cheese to make a meatball parmesan sandwich or over cauliflower rice if you’re watching those carbs.
What we love about these slow cooker meatballs is how tender they turn out along with the amazing flavor that’s perfect every time we make them.
This meatball recipe is the same recipe as our Meatball Parmesan Pasta Bake that is also a great dinner idea for busy nights. One skillet, easy clean up!
What Sides Can I Serve With Spaghetti and Meatballs?
Spaghetti and meatballs are a meal in itself, but we always welcome the side dishes especially when you’re serving these meatballs at a party.
All you need to do is have everything lined up and your guests can serve themselves. A great idea for family parties, watching the game on tv or a potluck dinner with friends.
Looking For More Meatball Recipes?
- Baked Chicken Meatballs
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- Crock Pot Asian Meatballs
- BBQ Party Meatballs
- Easy Chicken & Broccoli Meatballs
- Slow Cooker Cabbage Roll Meatballs
- Thai Shrimp Meatballs
Slow Cooker Meatballs
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Total Time: 4 hours 5 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
This Slow Cooker Meatballs recipe is an easy way to get a comfort food meal on the table, even on busy nights! Just boil up some pasta and dinner is served!
- 1 1/4 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Fresh black pepper to taste
- 24 ounce jar marinara sauce
- 3/4 cup water
- Add the ground beef, garlic, breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, eggs, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper to a large bowl and mix together until the ingredients are combined.
- Spray the insert of a large slow cooker (see note) with cooking spray. Portion the meatballs into 16 meatballs, a little larger than a golf ball and place into your slow cooker in a single layer if possible.
- Pour the sauce on top of the meatballs along with the water. Set the slow cooker on high for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours.
- Serve with your pasta of choice. This recipe will make enough sauce for about 1 pound of pasta.
Try to get the meatballs in a single layer in your crock pot so that they don’t break apart. If you can’t fit them in a single layer, just gently place them on top of each other and don’t stir the meatballs at all until they are finished cooking.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mantitlement, slow cooker meatballs, slow cooker recipes, meatballs and sauce, spaghetti and meatballs, meatball recipes