These Thai Shrimp Meatballs are going to be the hit of the party! A unique shrimp meatball with Asian flavors that everyone will go crazy for!
A Seafood Meatball Recipe With Asian Flavors
I really like a good meatball recipe. You can eat them for appetizers, dinner, lunch – whatever. No one ever turns down a meatball. Now that I’m writing that it seems like the only meal category I left out was breakfast! I need to make some sort of breakfast meatballs ASAP.
You only need a half pound of shrimp to make these, the other half is pork. And you don’t need those huge shrimp for this one. The smaller ones are fine since you’ll be grinding them up in the food processor, just try to get the ones from the USA! They’re the best…
We’ve even gotten the kids in on these Thai Shrimp Meatballs! You would think this might not be a kid friendly recipe but I’m telling you, ours love them! Especially if we serve them over rice or ramen noodles.
How To Make Thai Shrimp Meatballs
Get out your food processor and put the shrimp, pork, garlic, and egg, a little sugar, fish and oyster sauce, fresh lime juice and salt. Long list, yes, but that’s all there is to the meatballs.
Pulse until all the ingredients are combined.
Next add in 1/2 cup of panko bread crumbs. Then form into meatballs with your hands or a 1 1/2 T. scoop, line up on a sheet pan and bake for 15 minutes.
While the meatballs are baking you can get the peanut sauce together. Another dump everything in the bowl recipe – a few ingredients but it all comes together quickly.
When the meatballs are done you have a couple of options. Toss them in the peanut sauce, put the out on a platter and drizzle the peanut over or just serve the sauce on the side for dipping.
And if you’re making these for a dinner option rice or noodles on the side makes these Thai Shrimp Meatballs a meal. A meal that everyone’s going to love!
Looking For More Meatball Recipes?Print
- 8 oz. shrimp (can be the small ones, frozen or fresh)
- 8 oz. ground pork
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
For the Peanut Sauce
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Add all the ingredients for the meatballs except the panko into a food processor. Process until all the ingredients are completely combined, then stir in the panko bread crumbs.
- Using your hands (spray them with cooking spray first or slightly wet them) portion out a golfball sized meatball. You can also use a 1 1/2 T. scoop to portion them out.
- Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment and bake for 15 minutes until cooked through.
- While the meatballs are cooking make the peanut sauce. Add all the ingredients for the sauce into a small pot and heat over low heat. Whisk to combine the ingredients and just heat though.
- Serve the meatballs with the peanut sauce on the side for dipping, or you can toss the meatballs in the sauce and serve over rice.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: meatball recipes, shrimp meatballs, seafood meatball recipes, shrimp recipes, ground pork recipes