This Slow Cooker Jersey Pot Roast is a tender, pot roast recipe with Italian flavors! Tender pot roast simmered in tomato sauce with peppers and onions!
An Tender Pot Roast Recipe
Coming home to a pot roast dinner that’s been cooking away in your kitchen all day is one of the best things ever. Just the smell alone when you walk in the door can’t be beat – then when you slice it and take a bite…it’s pretty amazing.
We’ve made Mississippi Pot Roast a couple of times before with the pepperoncini peppers and it’s awesome, but for this Slow Cooker Jersey Pot Roast we wanted to give it an Italian twist – straight out of Jersey.
We wanted to keep this pot roast recipe easy, so there’s not a lot of ingredients going on here. Just tomato sauce, seasonings, onions and peppers. The peppers and onions cook down in the tomato sauce and flavor the gravy in the most delicious way ever.
How Do You Make Slow Cooker Jersey Pot Roast
Again this pot roast recipe is so easy, you’ll be making it all the time. Just mix powdered brown gravy mix and Italian dressing mix together with tomato sauce. That’s going to become the gravy for the pot roast.
Sear a chuck roast on all sides in a dutch oven or skillet until it’s nicely browned. For the best flavor, make sure you generously season the chuck roast first and then sear it very well on all sides. That nice brown color is what’s going to give this pot roast the best flavor.
Now just add the seared chuck roast and the tomato sauce to your crock pot and let it cook for 8 hours on low. That’s it! All that’s left to do is slice and serve. Also another thing we love about this Slow Cooker Jersey Pot Roast, it’s super tender but also holds together enough so that you can still slice it and serve it on a platter.
Looking For More Easy Crock Pot Recipes?
- Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
- Slow Cooker Italian Beef
- Slow Cooker Sweet Chili Chicken Wings
- Crock Pot Sausage & Peppers
- Overnight BBQ Ribs
This Slow Cooker Jersey Pot Roast is so tender you can cut it with a fork! Simmer in a tomato sauce with peppers, this pot roast has all my favorite Italian flavors!
- 1 can (29 oz.) tomato sauce
- 1 (.7 oz package) dry Italian dressing mix
- 1 (.87 package) Brown Gravy mix
- Kosher salt
- Fresh black pepper
- 4–5 lb. Bottom Chuck Roast
- Olive oil
- 1 large red pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 large green pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- Mix the tomato sauce with the brown gravy and Italian dressing mix. Pour half the tomato sauce into a slow cooker.
- Season the chuck roast generously on all sides with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Add the oil to a dutch oven or large cast iron skillet and sear the roast on all sides until nicely browned, then add it to the slow cooker.
- Pour the rest of the tomato sauce on top of the roast and then add the peppers and onions.
- Set the slow cooker on low and cook for 8 hours.
- Remove from the slow cooker, slice and spoon the sauce and peppers over the top.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: slow cooker pot roast, crock pot pot roast, easy slow cooker pot roast, beef pot roast, crock pot recipes, easy dinner recipes