These Homemade Hamburger Patties are on our grill all summer long! Just a few seasonings and good quality ground beef is all you need to make these super juicy hamburgers that taste like they came from a restaurant!
Oh how we love a good burger. Top these delicious hamburger patties with our popular Awesome Sauce or even a good slathering of Yum Yum Sauce! Of course we serve these burgers up with a large side of Shoestring French Fries on the side!
Homemade Hamburger Recipe
We’ve tried lots and lots (and lots) of store made hamburger patties and we really haven’t found a favorite yet.
Our absolute favorite hamburgers come from a butcher shop that we love but it’s about 30 minutes from our house so we don’t get there all that often.
So we buckled down and decided to make our own Homemade Hamburger Patties that taste like our favorite burgers that we get from the butcher.
These hamburgers turn out so juicy and so tasty, just wait until you try them.
How Do You Make Homemade Hamburger Patties?
First of all, PLEASE don’t put breadcrumbs and eggs into your homemade hamburger patties. We’re not making meatloaf, we’re making burgers.
I’m not saying our recipe is the greatest or the best, but if you’re scrolling through recipe for hamburgers and see breadcrumbs and eggs – move along. Check out our Brown Gravy Meatloaf Recipe if you’re looking to make meatloaf.
Start by adding ground beef to a bowl along with salt, pepper, Worcestershire Sauce and steak seasoning. Form into 4 round patties and then use your thumbs to make an indentation in the center as shown below.
The indentation in the center helps to keep the hamburgs flat when they are grilling, so don’t skip this step! Grill the hamburgers for 4 minutes on each side over medium heat (about 425 degrees) for medium – medium rare burgers.
If you like your hamburger patties cooked through more just add a minutes or two on each side to the coking time.
What Kind Of Ground Beef Is Best For Making Homemade Hamburgers?
You need some fat to make a good burger, so this isn’t the time to pull out the super lean ground beef. Start with an 80% to an 85% ground beef and find the best quality beef that you can.
You’re never going to go wrong grabbing ground beef from a butcher shop, but if the grocery store is your only option just look for the best quality that you can find there.
Angus or Prime is often what you might see on a ground beef label, and these are both good choices. “Choice” is a lower quality ground beef so try and skip that option.
A trick that some people use to flavor their homemade hamburger patties even more is to add a little ground pork into the mixture. Doing this makes the patties even more juicy and almost gives a bacon flavor to the hamburgers.
Can You Freeze These Homemade Hamburger Patties?
Yes! Make a whole bunch of these hamburgers and freeze them for an easy meal! Just lay them flat in a resealable bag so that they aren’t touching. This makes it’s easier to pull out one, or however many burgers you need to cook at a time.
I’m not a big fan of cooking frozen hamburgers on the grill, so my suggestion is to let them defrost in the refrigerator overnight or you can defrost them in the microwave for a quicker solution.
Looking For More Hamburger Recipes?
- BBQ Bang Bang Burger
- Whiskey Burger
- French Onion Cheeseburger
- Easy Juicy Turkey Burgers
- Hamburger Patties in Lettuce Wraps
Homemade Hamburger Patties
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Total Time: 13 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
These Homemade Hamburger Patties are on our grill all summer long! Just a few seasonings and good quality ground beef is all you need – no bread crumbs needed!
- 1 1/4 pounds ground beef (we like to use 80% – 85% ground beef)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh black pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons steak seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Add all the ingredients to a bowl and mix together lightly with your hands. Don’t mix or squeeze the meat too much as it will result in a tougher hamburger patty.
- Preheat the grill to 425 degrees.
- Form the hamburger meat into 4 round patties and then use your thumbs to make a well in the center of each patty.
- Grill the hamburgers for 4 minutes on each side for medium to medium rare. If you like your hamburgers more cooked through just add a minute of two to the cooking time on each side.
- Remove the hamburgers from the grill to a plate and cover with foil for 5 minutes. We like to add our cheese at this time as the heat from the hamburgers will melt the cheese instead of doing it on the grill.
- Serve the hamburgers on hamburger buns with your toppings of choice.
To Freeze: Form the hamburger patties and place them into resealable freezer bags in a single layer, not touching the patties together. This way it will be easy to take one or as many out as you need, then defrost and grill.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mantitlement, hamburgers, homemade hamburgers, hamburger patties, recipe with ground beef, grilling recipes