Homemade Ground Beef Taco Meat uses only a few simple ingredients and takes just minutes to make! An easy dinner the whole family will love!
Tacos Aren’t Just For Tuesday…
There’s not many people I know that don’t love a good taco and this Homemade Ground Beef Taco Meat will have you making them ALL the time!
I know tacos are a huge hit at my house – every time we make them for dinner. My little guy can usually down three of them, and he’s little. Honestly, I don’t know where he puts them.
Something about the warm meat (or fish) and the cold toppings coming together in a tasty taco shell, you really can’t beat it.
Easy Homemade Taco Meat Recipe
Most of the time you buy the kit, right? Brown up the beef and add that taco seasoning and a little water. Totally fine, we used to do it all the time too. But when you want tacos and don’t have that little taco seasoning packet? Never fear, you can make it yourself, and it’s SO much better.
All you need are a few seasonings, some tomato sauce and my secret ingredient. Don’t worry, it’s something most people have in their house and just a little bit of it makes this taco meat taste so delicious!
This taco meat recipe is really adaptable, too. Try making it with ground turkey or pork, or even ground chicken! You can add beans right to the taco meat, too and make it a whole meal in itself!
What To Do With Taco Meat Besides Making Tacos
Now, of course you can use homemade taco meat to make this amazing Homemade Beef Taco Recipe, but you can use taco meat to make so many different dinners!
- Make a taco bowl with rice, beans and toppings
- Fill a soft shell tortilla for enchiladas or a quick snack
- Use taco meat to make beef nachos
- Use homemade taco meat to make a “taco” sloppy joe sandwich
- Make a low carb dinner with taco meat, shredded lettuce, avocado and cheese
- If there’s taco meat in our refrigerator it usually doesn’t last long. Our boys will scoop it up with tortilla chips or eat it right out of the bowl.
Taco Topping Ideas:
- Avocados or guacamole
- Shredded lettuces
- Cheese, almost any kind you like will work!
- Diced tomatoes
- Sour Cream
There’s so many toppings for tacos, this is a short list. Jalapeños, for one. The list goes on. Get creative and set out a taco bar for the kids, or at a party.
All you need to do is make sure you have a giant bowl of this Homemade Ground Beef Taco Meat and the rest just comes together. You’ll be surprised at what your kids grab to throw on a taco when it’s all out in front of them!
Looking For More Easy Dinner Recipes?
- Slow Cooker Mongolian Chicken
- Classic Meatloaf Recipe
- Sheet Pan Chicken Murphy
- Beefy Tomato Soup
- Air Fryer Ranch Chicken Nuggets (oven instructions too!)
This beef taco meat recipe eliminates those dry seasoning packets from the store! Done in less than 15 minutes, this taco meat is tough to beat!
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray then add the beef over medium heat.
- Brown the beef until cooked through, then drain and return to the skillet.
- Add the chili powder, cumin, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, tomato sauce and soy sauce to the beef and stir to combine,
- Turn the heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes. Serve in taco shells and top with desired toppings.
This recipe makes about 4 cups of taco meat. We find that about 1/4 cup of meat is good per taco so this recipe will make about 16 tacos!
8 – 1/2 cup servings, or 16 – 1/4 cup servings
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: taco recipe, beef tacos, homemade tacos, taco meat, ground beef recipe, easy dinner recipe