This beef taco meat recipe eliminates those dry seasoning packets from the store! Done in less than 15 minutes, this taco meat is tough to beat!
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray then add the beef over medium heat.
- Brown the beef until cooked through, then drain and return to the skillet.
- Add the chili powder, cumin, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, tomato sauce and soy sauce to the beef and stir to combine,
- Turn the heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes. Serve in taco shells and top with desired toppings.
This recipe makes about 4 cups of taco meat. We find that about 1/4 cup of meat is good per taco so this recipe will make about 16 tacos!
8 – 1/2 cup servings, or 16 – 1/4 cup servings
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: taco recipe, beef tacos, homemade tacos, taco meat, ground beef recipe, easy dinner recipe