These Slow Cooker Baked Beans are a family favorite recipe! This baked beans recipe is loaded with ground beef and bacon so they eat like a meal!
Slow Cooker Baked Beans Recipe
Once you try these Buddha’s Baked Beans, no baked beans recipe will ever compare. Buddha is a nickname that my dad gave my mom when she was pregnant and it stuck with her for her whole life. In fact, I don’t think I ever hear my dad call my mom by her real name.
Here we go, these are Buddha’s Baked Beans, the best slow cooker beans recipe you’ll ever try. Making this recipe in a slow cooker is such an easy way to do it, especially for BBQs or parties. Just dump everything into your slow cooker and set it on low.
After these baked beans are done cooking, you can just set out your slow cooker to serve. That way the beans will stay warm throughout your party and you don’t have to wash another dish!
What Ingredients Do I Need To Make Baked Beans?
- Ground Beef: Brown the beef and drain any dripping before adding it to the slow cooker.
- Onion Soup Mix: Those little packets that you have shoved back in your pantry…break one out for these beans!
- Baked Beans: Start with canned baked beans in your favorite flavor. We like the brown sugar variety.
- Bacon: Lots of crispy, cooked bacon for tons of crunch and flavor.
- BBQ Sauce: You can use your favorite brand here. We usually stick to a plain flavor, but you do you.
- Brown Sugar: We added brown sugar to sweeten up these baked beans, making them super addicting for all ages.
How Can You Tell When Baked Beans Are Done?
Since we’re using canned beans for this recipe, really all you need to do is warm the ingredients up. However, flavor will get better as these beans cook together with the beef, bacon and BBQ sauce, so they’re really “done” after a few hours of warming through.
But do let these crock pot baked beans go the full 6 hours if you have the time to let them cook, because the flavor will be so much better.
How to Make These Baked Beans On The Stove Top & In the Oven
This is the most flexible side dish recipe ever! So depending on your party needs, we’ll tell you how to make these slow cooker baked beans three different ways!
Stove Top Instructions:
Add all the ingredients (ground beef already browned) to a large pot or Dutch oven. Stir together to combine and let the beans simmer for at least an hour until warmed though. Keeping the beans on low heat until you’re ready or even during your party will only make them taste better!
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Add all the ingredients (ground beef already browned) to a large oven-proof pot or Dutch oven and stir to combine.
Cover the pot with a lid or tightly with foil and place in the oven for 1-2 hours, stirring during cooking. Keep the baked beans in the oven on low (200-250) to keep warm until ready to serve and/or during your party.
What Can I Make For Dinner To Go With These Baked Beans?
These slow cooker beans are so hearty and delicious, you really will want them for your whole meal. However, here are some dinner ideas to go along with these baked beans!
- Whiskey Burgers
- Dan’s Double Down Flank Steak
- BBQ Party Ribs
- Root Beer Sticky Ribs
- Slow Cooker Sticky Chicken Legs
- BBQ Bacon Turkey Burgers
Looking For More Side Dish Recipes?
- Oven Roasted Corn on the Cob
- Spicy Mushroom Rice
- Classic Potato Salad
- 15 Minute Creamed Corn
- Twice Baked Potato Casserole
- Italian Pasta Salad
These Slow Cooker Baked Beans are the best baked bean recipe you’ll ever make! These baked beans are loaded with beef and bacon so they eat like a meal!
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 lb. bacon, cooked until crisp and chopped
- 4 (28 oz.) cans Brown Sugar baked beans
- 1 (15 oz.) can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup BBQ sauce, your favorite kind
- 1 (2.6 oz) package Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- Spray a skillet with non-stick cooking spray. Add the ground beef and salt and cook over medium heat, breaking up into crumbles as it cooks. When the meat is cooked through with no pink remaining, drain the grease from the skillet and set aside.
- Pour the baked beans and drained pinto beans into an 7-8 quart slow cooker. Add the cooked ground beef, bacon, brown sugar, BBQ sauce and onion soup mix. Stir to combine and cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 3 hours.
- Stir the beans a couple of times during cooking if possible. Keep the beans warm on the “warm” setting until ready to serve.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mantitlement recipes, slow cooker recipes, crock pot recipes, baked beans, game day food, party food, bbq sides, recipes with ground beef