Buddha’s Beans (AKA Loaded Slow Cooker Baked Beans) are a staple at any party or BBQ. These beans have a whole pound of ground beef and a whole pound of bacon, slow cooked in a sweet and tangy sauce that’s absolutely irresistible.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound bacon, cooked until crisp and crumbled
- 4 – 28 ounce cans brown sugar baked beans
- 2 – 15 ounce can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup barbecue sauce (your favorite kind)
- 2.6 ounce package dry onion soup mix
- Spray a skillet with non-stick cooking spray and set over medium heat. Add the ground beef and cooking while breaking up into crumbles. When the meat is no longer pink, drain the grease and set aside.
- Pour the baked beans and the kidney beans into a large 8 quart slow cooker. Stir in the brown sugar, barbecue sauce and the onion soup mix.
- Add the cooked, drained ground beef along with the crumbled bacon and stir.
- Cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 3 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mantitlement, baked beans recipe, slow cooker baked beans, loaded baked beans, cowboy beans, ground beef recipes, party food