This Creamed Corn with Bacon is a crazy delicious way to use up leftover corn on the cob! This corn side dish comes together in just 15 minutes!
Easy, Addicting Creamed Corn Recipe
How can a super easy, leftover corn recipe be this good? All you need to do is give it a try and you’ll see. Leftover corn on the cob works perfectly for this 15 Minute Creamed Corn with Bacon. But if you don’t have that, frozen corn or even canned corn will do just fine.
Obviously the flavors from in season, fresh corn can’t be beat. We’re getting to the end of the season here in Jersey so we’re getting in as much as we can! When we hit the farm stand we’re grabbing a dozen at a time – at least.
How Do You Make Creamed Corn?
Now that we’ve discovered our FAVORITE CORN ON THE COB COOKING METHOD, I have to admit we’re making corn on the cob a lot more than we used to. Boiling large pots of water gets a little tiring, so be sure and hop over and try our easy oven roasted corn recipe!
Once you have your cooked corn, or frozen defrosted corn, get it in a skillet with butter.
Butter and corn are a match made in heaven so already we’re well on our way to an awesome corn side dish here. Once the corn warms through, we’re going to flavor it up with garlic, parmesan cheese, cream and yep – bacon.
I’m using real bacon bits for this Creamed Corn with Bacon recipe because I like to keep it to a true 15 minute recipe. And if you buy “real” bacon bits they really are a great pantry item to keep around!
But of course, if you have or prefer regular bacon you can cook up a few strips and crumble it right in here.
So now you’re basically done with this corn recipe. All it needs is a few minutes so it can warm through and reduce the cream a little and it’s done. Taste for seasonings, more salt and pepper usually go in for us, and then serve.
What Dinner Recipes Can I Serve With Creamed Corn?
You have you come to the right place if you’re wondering what to serve with this bacon creamed corn recipe! We think it goes with just about ANY dinner but here are a few of our favorites!
- Dan’s Famous Whiskey Steak
- Our Favorite Chicken Marinade (Grilled Chicken)
- Brown Gravy Meatloaf
- Sticky Root Beer Ribs
- Zucchini Chicken Enchiladas
- Asian BBQ Salmon
Want to keep this creamed corn recipe vegetarian? Just leave out the bacon, maybe add in a few more vegetables or even black beans and you’ve got a meal!
Looking For More Easy Side Dishes
- Bacon Cheddar Zucchini Cakes
- Loaded Slow Cooker Baked Beans
- Cheesy Sheet Pan Brussels Sprouts
- Oven Roasted Balsamic Asparagus
This simple creamed corn recipe is kicked up with bacon and a splash of cream! A 15 minute side dish that goes with just about any meal!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 1/2 cups corn, see note*
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons real bacon bits bacon (or 3 bacon strips, chopped)
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley (plus more for garnish)
- Heat the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add the corn, garlic, salt and pepper and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the cream and bring to a simmer for another 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the bacon, parmesan cheese and parsley and serve.
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: corn recipe, creamed corn recipe, side dishes, side dish recipe, vegetable sides, bacon recipes, easy recipes