This BBQ Bang Bang Burger is the tastiest way to make an epic summer time burger! Layers of beef patties dipped into a crazy delicious sauce!
What Is Bang Bang Sauce?
Bang Bang sauce is one of my favorite sauce recipes! It’s a creamy, slightly sweet, slightly spicy sauce that you can use for recipes like this BBQ Bang Bang Burger or as a dipping sauce to chicken or fish recipes.
The Bonefish Grill is one of the restaurants that made Bang Bang sauce popular with its Bang Bang Fried Shrimp. If you eve get a chance to try some of that stuff, you should.
How Do You Make a BBQ Bang Bang Burger?
I’m talking a pretty off the wall burger here today, off the wall in flavor but really easy to make.
Let me break it down for you. A double decker pork sausage burger that is completely submerged into a sweet and spicy bang bang sauce and topped with a vinegar slaw to cut through the richness of the sauce.
So the wife got a little up in arms about my idea of actually dipping the pork patties in the bbq bang bang sauce. Why not just put the sauce on tops she said…
Because that’s not the idea I had here for this burger. Not just a little drizzle of sauce on top, I wanted those grilled pork burgers so coated in this sauce so that you taste it with every bite.
A few months after posting this recipe we saw a version of this BBQ Bang Bang Burger at an amusement park! They had a different sauce and beef patties but you know we had to try one!
It was good, our is better.
Start by adding a pork dry rub and salt to each side of your pork sausage patties. You can substitute beef patties in this recipe too if you like.
Get them on the grill for just a few minutes on each side, especially if you found nice and thin patties like we did here.
Let the burgers cool for a few minutes and then start dipping and assembling! I’m telling you, this burger is totally amazing looking when you’re done.
And it’s going to taste even better.
Don’t forget to make a double batch of that BBQ Bang Bang Sauce because you’re going to want to use it on everything from chicken to steak – even as a dressing on a chicken bbq chopped salad!
Looking For More Hamburger Recipes?
This off the wall, delicious sandwich recipe will have them all talking! Each pork sausage patty is dipped into bang bang sauce before being piled on a bun!
- (8) 1/4 lb. pork sausage patties (can substitute thin beef patties)
- 4 pretzel hamburger buns
- Pork Dry Rub
- Kosher salt
For the Slaw
- 2 cups red cabbage, shredded
- 2 cups green cabbage, shredded
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Pinch of salt
For the Bang Bang Sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup BBQ Sauce, your favorite kind
- 2 tablespoons sriracha
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Start by seasoning both sides of the sausage patties with pork rub and sea salt.
- Add all the ingredients for the coleslaw to a small bowl and toss together to coat.
- Add the ingredients for the sauce into a small bowl and whisk together to combine.
- Preheat the grill to medium high heat, about 400 degrees.
- Add the pork patties to the grill, cooking for 3-4 minutes per side until cooked through.
- Let the sausage patties cool slightly, then dip each patty in the bang bang sauce to coat completely then place on the bottom of a hamburger bun. Top with a scoop of the slaw and then place another dipped burger patty on top of the slaw and finally the top of the bun.
- Repeat with the remaining burgers and serve immediately.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: hamburger recipe, burger recipes, pork recipes, grilling recipes, dinner ideas, party food
This post has been brought to you by Stubb’s BBQ Sauce, all opinions are mine.