Creamy Sausage Spaghetti will is one of our favorite pasta dinners. The trick is that the sausage is in every single bite! It’s an easy pasta recipe the whole family will enjoy.
If you love pasta for dinner you should also try this recipe for Pasta With Sausage And Broccolini!
I Love That There Is Sausage With Ever Bite Of Pasta
I definitely have an opinion about the ratio of ingredients in recipes. It needs to be right. A sandwich can taste totally different if there’s too much of one ingredient on it, even when the ingredients are the same. Right?
That’s what I’m talking about and this Creamy Sausage Spaghetti is a perfect example of that! Not one bite of pasta while your fishing around for the sausage, the sausage is more part of the sauce, crumbled up very small so it goes all in every bite.
How To Make Creamy Sausage Spaghetti
OK, so now that I think you’ve got the idea – here’s how you make it.
Brown the sausage, let it cool and then transfer it to a food processor. Yep, food processor. No way you can crumble it this fine with a spoon – the machine can do it better.
How Long Does This Sausage Spaghetti Take To Cook?
Now add the sausage back to the same skillet with the onions, garlic and sun dried tomatoes. Pour in crushed tomatoes and stir it all together.
You’ll need to cook it down for about 20 minutes or so, but in the meantime you can boil the spaghetti and drain it so it’s ready and waiting for you when the sauce is done.
Pour in the cream…this is CREAMY Sausage Spaghetti after all…then add a few handfuls of frozen peas.
Only a few more minutes and you’re on your way to this amazing, comforting bowl of sausage pasta goodness.
What Can You Serve With This Sausage Pasta Recipe?
This spaghetti dinner is so hearty, it’s definitely a meal in itself! But we do like our sides, and maybe a few more vegetables so here’s a few choices!
- Cheesy Garlic Bread
- Homemade Caesar Salad
- Grandma’s Stuffed Artichokes
- Roasted Broccoli with Toasted Bread Crumbs
- Oven Roasted Balsamic Asparagus
You can even add some more vegetables right to this Creamy Sausage Spaghetti like chopped broccoli or spinach! Some other pasta suggestions that would de delicious are rotini, bow ties, or angel hair.
Looking For More Pasta Recipes?
- Gemelli with Sausage & Asparagus
- Classic Beef Lasagna
- Penne with Homemade Arrabbiata Sauce
- Easy Penne Vodka
- Pasta Carbonara (Pasta with Egg & Bacon)
Creamy Sausage Spaghetti will easily become one of your favorite pasta dinners. The trick is that the sausage is in every single bite! It’s an easy pasta recipe the whole family will enjoy.
- 1 lb. spaghetti
- 1 lb. Italian sausage
- 1 cup finely diced onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves crushed
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups frozen peas, defrosted
- Place a large pot of water over high heat and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling add the spaghetti, cook according to the package directions and drain.
- Meanwhile, brown the sausage in a large skillet that’s been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Crumble up the sausage while it’s browning, about 5 minutes, until it’s completely browned through.
- Let the sausage cool slightly then add it to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until finely crumbled.
- Return the sausage back to the skillet along with the onions, garlic and sun dried tomatoes.
- Stir and let cook for 5 minuets until the onions have softened.
- Carefully pour in the crushed tomatoes, stir and let simmer on low for 20 minutes.
- After the sauce has simmered, stir in the cream and the peas.
- Toss the spaghetti together with the sauce and serve.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: creamy italian sausage pasta recipe, pasta recipe, sausage with spaghetti, italian sausage in spaghetti, spaghetti and sausage, creamy spaghetti, spaghetti recipe, spaghetti dinner