This creamy, Ground Turkey Pasta Sauce is delicious on any type of pasta! Add a buttery, toasted breadcrumb topping for flavor and texture!
This recipe reminds us of a Meat Bolognese Sauce that we make for Sunday dinners or for meal prepping during the week! Or if you’re looking for a meatless pasta dinner, try our easy Penne Vodka Recipe!
This creamy ground Turkey Pasta is our next creation for our friends over at Food Fanatic! Head over to check out tons of great recipes on their site too!
Creamy, Ground Turkey Meat Sauce
So like I said, you can serve this creamy turkey meat sauce over any style pasta you want to – spaghetti, rigatoni, pappardelle, shells, whatever you have on hand. Even a cheese tortellini would be pretty amazing.
You can also use ground turkey, like we have here, or leftover cooked turkey from a holiday or family dinner! We love swapping leftover turkey out in lots of recipes like this one, because when you roast a Whole Turkey…chances are you’re going to have leftovers.
How Do You Make This Meat Sauce Recipe?
Add butter to a large skillet and toast up some regular or Panko bread crumbs, that’s going to be a crunchy topping for your pasta…definitely don’t skip this step! Once the breadcrumbs get nice and golden remove them from the skillet and set them aside.
Next brown the ground turkey, onions and carrots in the same skillet with a little olive oil. Once the turkey is cooked through and the vegetables are softened, sprinkle flour in the skillet and stir.
Now slowly pour in chicken broth and stir so that there’s no lumps, bring the sauce to a simmer to thicken, then pour in heavy cream to thicken the sauce even more.
Add the frozen peas and carrots and the fresh tarragon, stir and let simmer another few minutes to warm the peas and carrots through.
We’re adding fresh tarragon to this Ground Turkey Pasta Sauce, but you can also add fresh thyme or just chopped parsley. Taste the sauce for seasonings and adjust if needed.
How Do I Serve This Pasta Sauce?
Grab your favorite pasta shape and cook it according to the package directions. You can spoon this meat sauce over a bowl of pasta or toss it to combine. Maybe you’re just eating for one or two…then spoon the sauce over the top of the pasta and save the rest for another meal.
If you are using all the sauce (enough for about 1 pound of pasta) then I prefer it tossed so that all the flavors can combine.
Once the sauce is on the pasta add a few of the toasted, buttery bread crumbs to the top for a delicious crunch!
Side Dishes To Serve With Pasta
Since this turkey meat sauce has peas and carrots already in it, so I’d say your veg is covered! But that’s not to say you can’t serve more on the side along with some other great side dish recipes!Print
This delicious, easy pasta sauce can be made with ground turkey or leftover turkey! Add this sauce to your favorite pasta and spoon the buttery breadcrumbs on top!
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 pound ground turkey (can also substitute leftover, cooked turkey)
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups frozen peas and carrots
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, chopped
- Melt a tablespoon of the butter in a skillet. Add the bread crumbs and toss to coat until browned, about 2-3 minutes. Remove the breadcrumbs to a bowl and set aside.
- Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter in the same skillet. Add the onion and cook for 3-4 minutes until softened then add the garlic and cook a minute longer.
- Add the ground turkey to the skillet, crumbling as you cook it. Once the turkey is cooked through, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle the flour in the skillet and stir to coat. Cook for 1 minute and then slowly pour in the wine, whisking to combine. Pour in the chicken broth, whisk and bring to a boil. Turn the heat down to a simmer and let cook for 15 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- Stir in the cream and the tarragon and then add salt and fresh black pepper to taste.
- Serve the sauce over pasta with the toasted breadcrumbs on top.
If you are using leftover, cooked turkey just add it into the sauce with the peas and carrots at the end.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pasta sauce, meat sauce, turkey recipes, ground turkey recipes, leftover turkey recipes, bolognese