This delicious, easy pasta sauce can be made with ground turkey or leftover turkey! Add this sauce to your favorite pasta and spoon the buttery breadcrumbs on top!
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 pound ground turkey (can also substitute leftover, cooked turkey)
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups frozen peas and carrots
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, chopped
- Melt a tablespoon of the butter in a skillet. Add the bread crumbs and toss to coat until browned, about 2-3 minutes. Remove the breadcrumbs to a bowl and set aside.
- Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter in the same skillet. Add the onion and cook for 3-4 minutes until softened then add the garlic and cook a minute longer.
- Add the ground turkey to the skillet, crumbling as you cook it. Once the turkey is cooked through, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle the flour in the skillet and stir to coat. Cook for 1 minute and then slowly pour in the wine, whisking to combine. Pour in the chicken broth, whisk and bring to a boil. Turn the heat down to a simmer and let cook for 15 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- Stir in the cream and the tarragon and then add salt and fresh black pepper to taste.
- Serve the sauce over pasta with the toasted breadcrumbs on top.
If you are using leftover, cooked turkey just add it into the sauce with the peas and carrots at the end.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pasta sauce, meat sauce, turkey recipes, ground turkey recipes, leftover turkey recipes, bolognese