Creamy Sausage Spaghetti will easily become one of your favorite pasta dinners. The trick is that the sausage is in every single bite! It’s an easy pasta recipe the whole family will enjoy.
- 1 lb. spaghetti
- 1 lb. Italian sausage
- 1 cup finely diced onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves crushed
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups frozen peas, defrosted
- Place a large pot of water over high heat and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling add the spaghetti, cook according to the package directions and drain.
- Meanwhile, brown the sausage in a large skillet that’s been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Crumble up the sausage while it’s browning, about 5 minutes, until it’s completely browned through.
- Let the sausage cool slightly then add it to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until finely crumbled.
- Return the sausage back to the skillet along with the onions, garlic and sun dried tomatoes.
- Stir and let cook for 5 minuets until the onions have softened.
- Carefully pour in the crushed tomatoes, stir and let simmer on low for 20 minutes.
- After the sauce has simmered, stir in the cream and the peas.
- Toss the spaghetti together with the sauce and serve.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: creamy italian sausage pasta recipe, pasta recipe, sausage with spaghetti, italian sausage in spaghetti, spaghetti and sausage, creamy spaghetti, spaghetti recipe, spaghetti dinner