Say goodbye to boring breakfasts and hello to deliciousness, with our mouth-watering Breakfast Baked Potatoes! This brunch-worthy recipe will tantalize your taste buds while filling your belly. It’s simple to make, yet something you and your guests can always look forward to. Start making the most of your morning meals!
Baked Breakfast Potatoes Recipe
These Breakfast Baked Potatoes are sure to be a hit for your next brunch! But honestly, this potato recipe is such a winner, we have them on hand for everyday breakfasts or easy dinners.
Start with our Air Fryer Baked Potatoes recipe, or make traditional baked potatoes in the oven. Have these on hand so that you can warm up the potato in the microwave (or oven) and then stuff with creamy scrambled eggs, cheese and bacon.
But please, don’t stop there! There’s countless fillings and toppings for these baked breakfast potatoes. You can even set out a baked potato bar for a fun brunch or game day party!
How To Make Stuffed Baked Potatoes
- Start with 4 baked potatoes (or as many as you need), made either in the oven or air fryer. While the potatoes are cooling, scramble up a few eggs in butter and season them with salt and pepper.
- Cut the potatoes open and push slightly on the outside edges to make the insides pop out a bit. Use a fork to “fluff up” the flesh of the potatoes.
- Next add a pat of butter to each potato, again seasoning with salt and pepper. Divide the scrambled eggs into fourths and stuff into each baked potato.
- Top the eggs with grated cheddar cheese (the eggs should still be warm enough to melt the cheese, if not, pop the potato in the microwave for 30 seconds) and then top with bacon bits or cooked, crumbled bacon.
- We like to garnish these breakfast baked potatoes with fresh chopped chives but like we said, you don’t have to stop there!
Topping Ideas For Baked Potatoes
Fillings, toppings, we’re going to cover it all. We have two teenage boys that will practically stuff whatever they can find into a baked potato!
- Sour cream
- Pico de gallo
- Different cheese like Monterey Jack, mozzarella, gouda, gruyere
- Red onion
Can You Make These Potatoes Ahead Of Time?
Yes! You can make the baked or air fried potatoes in advance and keep them in the refrigerator until you’re ready to eat. Of course, the potatoes will loose that deliciously crispy skin, unless you reheat them back in the oven or air fryer.
But no worries, simple cut the potato open and microwave until the inside of the potato is warm and then stuff with the scrambled eggs, cheese and bacon. These breakfast baked potatoes can be just as good for brunch or a party as they are for an everyday meal.
Looking For More Potato Recipes?
- Twice Baked Potatoes
- Crispy Smashed Potatoes
- Classic Potato Salad (the BEST recipe ever!!!)
- Garlic Parmesan Potatoes
- Cheesy Crock Pot Potatoes
Breakfast Baked Potatoes are stuffed with creamy scrambled eggs, lots of cheese and bacon! These potatoes are super fun for brunch, a hearty breakfast and even for dinner!
- 4 large russet potatoes
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup bacon bits, divided (or cooked, crumbled bacon)
- Chives for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Wash the potatoes and dry well with paper towels. Place the potatoes on a baking sheet and rub with olive oil. Season the potatoes with salt and pepper and bake for 50-60 minutes until the centers are soft and tender. Alternately, you can make the potatoes in an air fryer following our Air Fryer Baked Potatoes recipe.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven or air fryer and let cool for 10 minutes. While the potatoes are cooling, scramble the eggs in a skillet with butter or cooking spray, seasoning them with salt and pepper to taste. When the eggs are just about done, remove them from the heat and set aside.
- Cut a slit down the center the potatoes and use a fork to “fluff” the flesh of the potatoes. Add a tablespoon of butter to each potato, and again, season with salt and pepper. Divide the scrambled eggs into fourths and stuff each portion inside the potatoes.
- Top each potato with 1/4 cup of the cheddar cheese (while the eggs are still warm so the cheese melts) If the eggs aren’t warm enough to melt the cheese, you can microwave the potatoes for 30 seconds.
- Top with potato with 2 tablespoons each of the bacon bits. Garnish with fresh chives and serve.
Store: You can make the baked potatoes in advance and store them in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Reheat: Reheat the baked potatoes by cutting them down the center and then warming in the microwave, air fryer or oven. Then add desired fillings and toppings.
- Category: Breakfast / Brunch
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mantitlement, baked potato recipe, breakfast potatoes, stuffed potatoes, brunch recipes, potato recipes, air fryer recipes