Breakfast Baked Potatoes are stuffed with creamy scrambled eggs, lots of cheese and bacon! These potatoes are super fun for brunch, a hearty breakfast and even for dinner!
- 4 large russet potatoes
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup bacon bits, divided (or cooked, crumbled bacon)
- Chives for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Wash the potatoes and dry well with paper towels. Place the potatoes on a baking sheet and rub with olive oil. Season the potatoes with salt and pepper and bake for 50-60 minutes until the centers are soft and tender. Alternately, you can make the potatoes in an air fryer following our Air Fryer Baked Potatoes recipe.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven or air fryer and let cool for 10 minutes. While the potatoes are cooling, scramble the eggs in a skillet with butter or cooking spray, seasoning them with salt and pepper to taste. When the eggs are just about done, remove them from the heat and set aside.
- Cut a slit down the center the potatoes and use a fork to “fluff” the flesh of the potatoes. Add a tablespoon of butter to each potato, and again, season with salt and pepper. Divide the scrambled eggs into fourths and stuff each portion inside the potatoes.
- Top each potato with 1/4 cup of the cheddar cheese (while the eggs are still warm so the cheese melts) If the eggs aren’t warm enough to melt the cheese, you can microwave the potatoes for 30 seconds.
- Top with potato with 2 tablespoons each of the bacon bits. Garnish with fresh chives and serve.
Store: You can make the baked potatoes in advance and store them in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Reheat: Reheat the baked potatoes by cutting them down the center and then warming in the microwave, air fryer or oven. Then add desired fillings and toppings.
- Category: Breakfast / Brunch
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mantitlement, baked potato recipe, breakfast potatoes, stuffed potatoes, brunch recipes, potato recipes, air fryer recipes