These Air Fryer Baked Potatoes turn out super fluffy on the inside, with a mega crispy skin! Free up your oven and make the best baked potatoes you’ve ever had! A healthy, delicious side dish that’s perfect with any meal, or all on its own.
Easy Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
If you want to have the most fluffy baked potato you’ve ever eaten with the most crispy skin, these Air Fryer Baked Potatoes are the ones to make.
This baked potato recipe isn’t about saving time, really. These air fryer potatoes are still going to take about 45 minutes, depending on how large your potato is. It’s the end result that makes this method for making baked potatoes supreme.
THE most fluffy, creamy, crispy skinned baked potato you’ve ever had. We even enjoy these potatoes with a good amount of salt and pepper and nothing else. But do feel free to pile on the butter and sour cream.
What Kind Of Potatoes Make The Best Baked Potatoes?
Russet potatoes are the top choice in our book. Russet potatoes are starchy with a thick, hearty skin. A starchy potato is going to yield a fluffier texture than a waxy potato like a Yukon Gold.
Yukon Gold potatoes can still be baked or air fried, but the centers will be creamier instead of light and fluffy.
What Main Courses Go Well With Baked Potatoes?
These baked potatoes are so good, you can stuff them with pulled pork or pulled chicken, or add your favorite baked potato toppings (see below for some ideas!) and enjoy as the whole meal.
And of course, these air fryer potatoes also work perfectly as a delicious, healthy side dish option. I’m telling you guys, these potatoes turn out so good, salt and pepper is all you need if you’re trying to save some calories.
- Garlic Parmesan Steak Bites
- Roast Chicken
- Crispy Baked Pork Chops
- Classic Meatloaf Recipe
- Grilled Teriyaki Chicken
- Homemade Hamburgers
How To Make Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
- Preheat the air fryer (if needed): Some air fryers call for preheating, some don’t. Follow the directions for your air fryer and make sure that it’s up to temperature before adding the potatoes.
- Clean the potatoes: Scrub the potatoes with a vegetable brush and rinse well. Dry the potatoes off with paper towels.
- Season the potatoes: Rub olive oil, kosher salt and fresh black pepper all over the potatoes, using a generous amount of seasoning.
- Potato placement: Add the potatoes to your air fryer in a single layer. Most larger air fryers will hold up to 4 large russet potatoes.
- Turn the potatoes: Turning the potatoes over once during the cooking time will ensure that the potatoes cook evenly and also get crispy on all sides.
How Do You Know When Potatoes Are Done?
Test the potatoes by sticking a fork or knife into the flesh and see if it inserts and pulls out easily. If you’re feeling any resistance, cook the potatoes for another 5 minutes until the flesh is tender.
Topping Ideas For Baked Potatoes
Oh, the possibilities are endless!!! We could write an entire post just about baked potato toppings, but we’ll try to keep it to a few solid suggestions.
- Sour Cream
- Cheese (cheddar, gruyere, parmesan, cream cheese)
- Pulled Pork
- Vegetables: scallions, chopped broccoli, spinach, cauliflower, corn
- Breakfast potatoes with scrambled eggs, bacon and cheese
Store And Reheat
Store these leftover potatoes in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Once cooled, wrap the potatoes in aluminum foil before placing in the refrigerator.
Reheat the potatoes in the microwave for an easy side dish or light meal. If you want to skin to be crispy again, heat them back up in the air fryer or oven.
Looking For More Potato Recipes?
- Crispy Smashed Potatoes
- Garlic Parmesan Potatoes
- Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Perfectly Smooth Mashed Potatoes
- Air Fryer Baby Potatoes
These Air Fryer Baked Potatoes turn out super fluffy on the inside, with a mega crispy skin! Free up your oven space and make the best baked potatoes you’ve ever had!
- 4 large russet potatoes
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Fresh black pepper
- Preheat your air fryer, if needed, to 400 degrees.
- Wash the potatoes and then dry well with paper towels.
- Rub the potatoes with olive oil and then season with salt and pepper. Place the potatoes in your air fryer in a single layer.
- Cook for 45 minutes, turning over once in between cooking. Test the potatoes to see if they are tender by piercing with a fork.
- To serve, slice the potato open lengthwise and then top with butter, sour cream or desired toppings.
Cooked, baked potatoes will keep for up to 5 days in the refrigerator. Reheat the baked potatoes by cutting the potatoes in half and then microwaving until warm.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mantitlement, baked potato recipe, air fryer recipes, potato recipes, low fat recipes, healthy recipes