Time to fire up the grill and make this Beer Can Chicken! There’s nothing better than sitting out on the deck and grilling up this chicken for dinner!
I know there are tons of recipes for beer can chicken, some are pretty complicated and some are easy. This one beats them all as far as easy recipes go. Just a simple dry rub mixture, a chicken and a bottle of beer!
How Do You Make Beer Can Chicken?
Grab your roaster and season the chicken with the dry rub. We added some small red potatoes to our roaster just because we had them, but you can feel free to just cook the chicken.
Add your beer to the bottom of the roaster and let it go!
Then this is what it looks like after about an hour…
And it’s done. Try and get it to the table before everyone peels all the crispy-seasoned skin off…our chicken was pretty bare by the time we got it to our table… I should have taken a picture of that, but this looks a little more appetizing! Enjoy!
Looking For More Easy Chicken Recipes?
- Easy Chicken Francese
- Baked Marsala Chicken Wings
- 15 Minute Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti
- Our Favorite Grilled Chicken Marinade
The easiest beer can chicken recipe, a dry rub and a beer!
- 1 6-7 lb. whole chicken
- 1 can of beer (any kind)
For The Dry Rub:
- 1 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Rinse and dry off the chicken with paper towels.
- Pour the beer into the insert on the roaster and place the chicken on top of the insert. (South side down)
- Mix the ingredients for the dry rub together in a bowl. Season the chicken generously with the dry rub.
- Put the roaster on the grill at 400 degrees and cook for an hour. Keep an eye on the temperature of the grill while it’s cooking to make sure it doesn’t go too far over 400 degrees. Check the temperature after an hour – you’re done when it’s at 180 degrees. Mine took about 1 hour and 15 minutes for a 6 1/2 pound chicken.
- Place on a cutting board and cover with foil for 15 minutes, then carve up and serve!
- Serving Size: 4
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: beer can chicken, chicken recipe, easy chicken recipes, chicken on the grill, grilled chicken, whole chicken recipe