The easiest beer can chicken recipe, a dry rub and a beer!
- 1 6-7 lb. whole chicken
- 1 can of beer (any kind)
For The Dry Rub:
- 1 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Rinse and dry off the chicken with paper towels.
- Pour the beer into the insert on the roaster and place the chicken on top of the insert. (South side down)
- Mix the ingredients for the dry rub together in a bowl. Season the chicken generously with the dry rub.
- Put the roaster on the grill at 400 degrees and cook for an hour. Keep an eye on the temperature of the grill while it’s cooking to make sure it doesn’t go too far over 400 degrees. Check the temperature after an hour – you’re done when it’s at 180 degrees. Mine took about 1 hour and 15 minutes for a 6 1/2 pound chicken.
- Place on a cutting board and cover with foil for 15 minutes, then carve up and serve!
- Serving Size: 4
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: beer can chicken, chicken recipe, easy chicken recipes, chicken on the grill, grilled chicken, whole chicken recipe