This Sesame Chicken Milanese is thin chicken cutlets that are fried until super crispy, then topped with a tangy mixed greens salad!
We love making easy chicken recipes like this one! Also be sure to check out our Ultimate Chicken Marsala Recipe that’s better than a restaurant! Or these Baked Buffalo Chicken Wings for game night or a fun dinner at home!
What Is Chicken Milanese?
Chicken Milanese is really taken from a popular veal recipe, veal milanese. It basically means to coat a thin cutlet in breadcrumbs and lightly fry until crispy.
A variation of Chicken Milanese is to top with a tangy, vinegar based salad which is meant to cut the rich flavor of the fried chicken. We love it made that way, and it’s a great way to get your family to eat more salad!
Because we’re always trying to add more flavor into our recipes, we marinated our chicken breast first before coating in the breadcrumb mixture. Just a quick marinade recipe really adds a ton of flavor to this fried chicken!
How Do You Make This Chicken Recipe?
Start by marinating the chicken in some soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil and some fresh ginger and crushed red pepper flakes. I like to marinate it for about an hour or so, I think that’s all you need for this recipe but if you only have 30 minutes, that’s ok too.
After you coat the chicken pieces in flour, dip them in egg and toss them in the bread crumb and sesame seed mixture. Then it’s time to get them in oil for a light pan fry until the chicken breast are golden and crispy just like we have here.
Obviously you can eat this chicken as is, it’s super delicious cut into strip like chicken fingers for the kids. But go the extra step! Make a simple dressing and toss it with some greens to pile on this easy chicken dinner.
Thee last step is thick slices of shaved parmesan cheese and some fresh black pepper. I promise you, this will be one of your most favorite chicken recipes ever.
Looking For More Easy Chicken Recipes?
- Chicken Fried Rice
- 15 Minute Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti
- Chicken Cacciatore Soup
- Our Favorite Chicken Marinade
- Air Fryer Ranch Chicken Nuggets
These crispy, fired chicken cutlets are topped with a super simple salad with homemade dressing! This easy chicken recipe is going to be a favorite!
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger or ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
For the Chicken
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or canola oil, you may need more for the second batch of chicken, this will depend on the size of the skillet you are using. See note*
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1/4 sesame seeds
- 1 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 cup of flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
For the Dressing
- 1 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 4 cups of mixed baby greens
- Parmesan cheese, shaved for topping (optional)
- Slice each chicken breast in half horizontally so that you have 2 thin cutlets from each piece of chicken, 8 total.
- Place all the ingredients for the marinade in a dish and whisk to combine.
- Then add your chicken and marinate for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Set up a breading station with 3 shallow dishes. Put the 2 eggs in one dish and scramble them up, put the cup of flour in the other and put the panko and the sesame seeds in the last dish.
- Dredge the chicken in the flour, dusting off the excess. Then dip into the egg and let it drip off. Next put the chicken into the panko/sesame mixture, pressing the crumbs onto the chicken to coat it well. Set aside and repeat with remaining chicken.
- Heat a large skillet up with the olive oil over medium high heat. Once hot, add in about half the chicken pieces. Saute for about 4 minutes, then turn. Cook for another 2-3 minutes on the other side until brown and cooked through.
- While the chicken is cooking, you can make up the salad dressing. Add all the ingredients into a container and with the lid on tight, shake until it’s combined well. The mustard will keep the dressing from separating while it sits.
- When the chicken is done, place a couple of pieces onto a plate and top it with some baby mixed greens. Drizzle the salad dressing all over the greens and the chicken. Place the shaved parmesan on top and serve.
- Serving Size: 4
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: easy chicken recipe, chicken recipes, fried chicken cutlets, chicken milanese, dinner recipes