Sesame Chicken Milanese is is our twist on the classic recipe! Thin, crispy chicken cutlets topped with crisp greens and an Asian dressing!
First off, I just love a classic Chicken Milanese recipe, it’s one of my favorite things to order out at a restaurant! We’ve kicked our recipe up by starting with our famous Flat Chicken for the base of this salad!
What Is Chicken Milanese?
Chicken Milanese is a recipe taken from a popular veal recipe, Veal Milanese. You start with a warm, thin, crispy veal cutlet and top it with arugula and parmesan cheese. So you get that perfect combination of warm and cool all in one bite!
A variation of Chicken Milanese is to top with a tangy, vinegar based salad which is meant to cut the rich flavor of the fried chicken. We love it made that way, and it’s a great way to get your family to eat more salad!
For this Sesame Chicken Milanese, we added an Asian twist with a flavorful dressing and sesame seeds. Add all the salad toppings that you want here, there’s nothing off limits!
How Do You Make This Chicken Recipe?
Start by making our famous Flat Chicken Cutlets. We meal prep with these chicken cutlets almost every week and use them for salads like this Sesame Chicken Milanese or sandwiches or just eating as is up with a side of french fries.
Start with a breading station like you see here. Flour, eggs beaten with milk and bread crumbs mixed with grated parmesan cheese. The order in which you coat the chicken cutlets is made easy by using the word FEB (like in February) Flour – Eggs – Breadcrumbs.
Believe me, even as much as we make chicken cutlets, I still have to say that in my head.
Once the chicken cutlets are coated, fry them in a shallow layer of oil until golden brown and crispy.
Make The Salad Topping
For this Sesame Chicken Milanese we used baby Romaine and crispy mixed greens but you can really use whatever lettuce that you like or have on hand. Mix the Asian dressing in a small container or bowl and toss with the greens and set aside.
Instead of grated parmesan cheese, Chicken Milanese typically uses shaved parmesan cheese so that you get more of that delicious, nutty bite. Obviously, you want to use the best quality parmesan cheese that you can get here because it adds tons of flavor to this dish.
Can You Make This Chicken Recipe Ahead Of Time?
Absolutely! Start by making the chicken cutlets. Either keep them warm in the oven until you’re ready to serve or store them in the refrigerator if you’re prepping for the week. Reheat the chicken cutlets in a 350 degree oven until warmed through and then top with a freshly tossed salad on top!
Looking For More Easy Chicken Recipes?
- Chicken Fried Rice
- 15 Minute Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti
- Chicken Cacciatore Soup
- Our Favorite Chicken Marinade
- Air Fryer Ranch Chicken Nuggets
This delicious Sesame Chicken Milanese is a perfect light lunch or dinner! Start off with our crispy, parmesan chicken cutlets and top with crunchy greens!
- 1 Recipe Flat Chicken
- 4 cups of mixed baby greens, baby Romaine or arugula
- Shaved parmesan cheese for topping
For the Dressing:
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed with garlic press (or can substitute garlic paste)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Pinch of kosher salt
- Keep the Flat Chicken cutlets warm in a 325 degree oven until ready.
- Add the ingredients for the dressing into a salad cruet or a small container. Shake well until the dressing emulsifies and set aside.
- Add the greens to a large bowl and then add the dressing a little at a time until you have the desired amount of dressing on the greens.
- Remove the chicken form the oven and top with sesame seeds. Add a cutlet to a dinner plate and then top with a a portion of the tossed salad and shaved parmesan cheese.
- Serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 4
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: easy chicken recipe, chicken recipes, fried chicken cutlets, chicken milanese, dinner recipes