15 Minute Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti is the creamiest, most addicting pasta recipe ever! If you’re a buffalo chicken fan, this one’s for you!
A Simple, Kid Approved Pasta Recipe
So when most people think buffalo chicken or buffalo sauce anything, they think spicy right? Many buffalo chicken wing recipes are pretty darn spicy, yes. But some are more on the mild side.
This 15 Minute Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti falls under the mild category for sure. There’s a lot of different heat ranges to hot sauce, you can pick the one that works best for you but we chose a fairly mild buffalo wing sauce for this recipe.
Buffalo wing sauce is different than just plain hot sauce, it’s basically already buffalo sauce in a jar. Where as you use hot sauce to make buffalo sauce…like in our Baked Buffalo Wing recipe.
Are you with me so far?
Start by boiling your pasta because as that’s cooking you can have this simple creamy buffalo sauce done by the time the pasta is being drained!
The sauce starts with a small onion for flavor, then chicken broth, cream cheese (that’s been softened to room temperature) and that buffalo wing sauce. A few seasonings and we’re on our way to an epic spaghetti dinner!
Rotisserie chicken recipes like this are definitely a time saver. We grab rotisserie chickens pretty much every time we’re at the grocery store for recipe like this pasta, or chicken salad or casseroles, and the list goes on.
A Bonus is when the chickens go on sale, we grab a few of them and freeze what we don’t need, so you can pull that chicken out and make an awesome dinner in no time like this buffalo chicken spaghetti!
What Kind Of Pasta Can I Use In This Recipe?
Really, you can use whatever pasta shape you want. Spaghetti was the go to choice for us because the sauce clings to the spaghetti so well, nothing gets left behind.
But you can use penne or bowties, really any pasta shape you like or have on hand.
Once the pasta is cooked, pour the sauce on top and start tossing. We like to do this in the same pot that we cooked the spaghetti in so that the sauce gets a chance to heat up and combine with the pasta.
So taking away the time it takes you to boil a pot of water? That’s a 15 minute pasta and chicken recipe that’s going to have them running to the dinner table.
Turn your faucet all the way to hot and fill your pot with super hot water before starting to boil on the stove. Your pasta water will be boiling in just minutes!
What Can I Serve With This Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Recipe?
I’m telling you, it’s hard to eat anything else when this pasta recipe is on the table, but we do have a few favorite sides dishes too!
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh black pepper
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce (we used Sweet Baby Ray's)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- Cook the spaghetti according to the package directions, drain and set aside.
- Add the butter to a skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until softened, 4-5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 1 minute longer.
- Season the onions and garlic with salt and pepper, then stir in the cream cheese until blended though.
- Pour in the chicken broth and buffalo wings sauce, whisking to combine with the cream cheese and onions. Let the sauce come to a simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken, parmesan cheese and cream then taste the sauce for seasonings.
- Add the spaghetti back to the pot you cooked it in, then pour the sauce on top and toss to combine.
- Serve with extra parmesan cheese and parsley.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 364 Total Fat: 18.3g Saturated Fat: 6g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 48mg Sodium: 1402mg Carbohydrates: 42g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 3g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 15.5g