Air Fryer Asparagus is cooked perfectly crisp and tender, without all the oil! Just a few ingredients and a bright squeeze of lemon at the end make this delicious vegetable side dish a dinner time favorite!
Air Fryer Asparagus Recipe
I know a lot of you might be wondering…why should I make asparagus in an air fryer? Oven Roasted Asparagus is really so easy to make, I totally get the question.
While I have to say, there really isn’t that much difference in flavor, there are a few advantages to making air fried asparagus. One of the reasons I like to air fry asparagus is because you don’t have to heat up your whole oven just to roast a vegetable for 10 minutes.
Cooking in an air fryer doesn’t heat up the whole kitchen, and it also cuts down on the time it takes for your oven to preheat. Some air fryers do require time to preheat, but it’s a minute or two as opposed to 8 – 10 minutes for a larger oven to preheat.
Another reason you might like opting for making air fried asparagus is that your oven might already be in use! If you’re making a large, holiday meal or you have a Whole Turkey, for instance, takin up your oven, the air fryer saves the day.
How To Make Air Fryer Asparagus
Honestly, it’s almost too simple to even give you instructions for, but here we go.
- Start by trimming your asparagus, head over to this asparagus recipe where we show you step by step instructions on how do trim asparagus easily.
- Season the asparagus with salt, pepper and garlic powder and place into your air fryer in a single layer. It’s on if some stalks overlap slightly, just get them in as evenly as possible.
- Air Fry at 400 degrees for 5 minutes. The asparagus will keep cooking a little after you remove it from the air fryer, but make sure it’s as tender as you like it to be. We like our asparagus tender, but still fairly crisp.
- Garnish the asparagus with grated parmesan cheese and a squeeze of lemon.
What Main Courses Go Well With Asparagus?
If you’re not gobbling this crisp, flavorful asparagus recipe just as is…we have some ideas for you for the main course!
- No Peek Chicken
- Parmesan Baked Chicken
- Garlic Parmesan Steak Bites
- Teriyaki Steak
- Crispy Teriyaki Salmon Bites
- Crock Pot Smothered Pork Chops
- Parmesan Crusted Haddock
Can You Make This Asparagus Recipe Ahead Of Time?
We love to meal prep our veggies for the week, and this air fryer asparagus is definitely one of our favorites. The asparagus does tend to get a bit soft as it sits in the refrigerator, but you can fix that!
Reheat the asparagus in your air fryer for just a minute or 2 until it’s warmed through and crisps up again. It won’t be as crisp as when it’s first made but it sure does the trick. Also when we’re grabbing this asparagus to use in sit fry recipes, or a dish that we’re cutting it up, if it’s a little softer it doesn’t really matter as much.
Looking For More Asparagus Recipes?
- Asparagus Leek Soup
- Sheet Pan Chicken & Asparagus
- Asparagus Casserole
- Gemelli with Sausage & Asparagus
- Asian Steak Roll Ups
Air Fryer Asparagus
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 7 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
Air Fryer Asparagus is cooked perfectly crisp and tender, without all the oil! A few simple ingredients and just minutes in the air fryer!
- 1 pound asparagus
- Olive oil spray, or regular olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Fresh black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Lemon slices for garnish
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees if needed.
- Start by trimming the asparagus. Grab onto both ends of the asparagus stalk and gently bend in half so that the stalk breaks naturally. Place that stalk down on your board and line up the rest of the asparagus next to it. Trim the asparagus following the stalk that is broken, that will give you a guide for cutting the rest.
- Season the asparagus with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Spray the asparagus with an olive oil spray, or toss with 1-2 teaspoons of olive oil. Place the asparagus into your air fryer in a single layer. It’s on if some stalks overlap slightly, just place them in as evenly as possible.
- Air Fry the asparagus for 5 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through to toss the asparagus. The asparagus will keep cooking a little after you remove it from the air fryer, but make sure it’s as tender as you like it to be. We like our asparagus tender, but still fairly crisp.
- Garnish the asparagus with the grated parmesan cheese and a squeeze of lemon if desired.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mantitlement, air fryer recipes, air fryer asparagus, how to air fry asparagus, vegetables, easy recipes, healthy recipes
Love asparagus and this recipe looks delicious. But we don’t have an air fryer. Just the two of us. Which fryer do you use. And do you recommend that particular brand?
We love the “instant vortex plus” brand air fryer, ours is a 6 quart. Definitely worth the investment in my opinion!