Try these Asian Steak Roll Ups for a delicious dinner tonight! This steak recipe is covered with a homemade sauce that’s out of this world!
Why We Love Making Beef Recipes
Beef recipes like these Asian Steak Roll Ups are some of our favorite dinners to make! Not only is beef a nutritious and delicious protein, but it’s super tasty too.
Steak recipes, or just a steak on the grill was a big part of dinner when I was growing up, everyone in my family was and is a beef eater. Having steak for dinner was a common thing, not a special occasion type food.
These days we make steak often too since it’s an important part of a healthy diet, loaded with protein, iron and zinc. If you’re wondering what zinc can do for your body, it’s a great immune system booster so as much as we grill steak in the summer, we’re making it all season long as part of our every day life.
Then you pair that delicious beef with super fresh vegetables and a 5 minute Asian sauce…well my friends, you’ve got a dinner worthy of company, let alone the cheers you’ll get just from your family.
Our boys LOVED this recipe when we made it for them. I mean, LOVED.
Our oldest son is 16 and he’s all about working out and eating healthy so these Asian Steak Roll Ups were the perfect dinner recipe for him, besides the fact that they taste amazing.
When our younger son took a bite, we got that coveted “yummm” that is like music to your ears when you serve your kids dinner because it just doesn’t happen all the time.
So a dinner recipe that the whole family loved equally? That’s a total win.
What Type Of Steak Do You Use For This Recipe?
We used a beef top round, or a boneless top steak that we grabbed right at our local ShopRite. This cut of beef is so tender and versatile, you can use it in many different recipes.
Pound out the steak with a meat mallet – just a little – then pile on the vegetables.
Add salt and pepper to each roll, generously, then roll up the steak and secure the rolls with a toothpick. We used about 4 pounds of steak in this recipe and it made about 14 steak rolls.
I’ve also seen versions of this recipe made with chicken, which is also good, but our boys just love steak so we aim to please.
Next these steak roll ups get a quick sear in a skillet before heading into the oven. While they’re in the oven you can make the 5 minute Asian sauce.
This sauce recipe is one of our favorite sauces to make. We use it in stir fry recipes, beef recipes like this, chicken recipes – pretty much everything.
And it goes so perfectly baked on top of these steak rolls, plus extra for dipping on the side!
You can serve these steak roll ups as is, or with rice or noodles, maybe even ramen. Our younger son even liked them cut up and served over rice with extra sauce on top…whatever works, I say.
Don’t be afraid to switch up the vegetables in this recipe, either! Swap out your favorite veggies like carrot sticks or broccoli, just shop your produce aisle and see what works for you.
The vegetables should still be slightly crisp when the steak rolls come out of the oven, there’s no need to pre-cook the vegetables since we like ours tender but still crisp and not mushy.
Looking For More Beef Recipes?
- Hot Dog Chili Recipe
- Skillet Beef Marsala
- Mexican Stuffed Peppers
- Slow Cooker Shaking Beef
- Philly Cheesesteak Spaghetti Squash Casserole
This fun steak recipe perfect for a low carb, healthy dinner that the whole family will love!
- 4 pounds steak top round, boneless top steak
- 2 large red, yellow, orange or green bell peppers, sliced into strips
- 1 pound asparagus, washed and trimmed
- 1 red onion, sliced into large strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Asian Glaze Recipe
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Lay out a few strips of steak on a cutting board. Add a couple of slices of peppers, onions and asparagus to each roll.
- Season the beef and vegetables generously with salt and pepper, then roll up somewhat tightly and secure with toothpicks.
- Add the olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the steak rolls and sear on all sides until browned, then remove from the skillet and place into a baking dish.
- Bake the steak rolls for 15 minutes. While the steak rolls are cooking you can make the asian glaze and cover to keep warm.
- After the steak rolls cook for 15 minutes, remove them from the oven and spoon some of the sauce over the rolls.
- Place the steak rolls back in the oven for another 10 minutes. Let the rolls rest for 5 minutes after taking them out of the oven then serve.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and serve with more sauce on the side if desired.
- Category: Dinneer
- Method: Oven/Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: steak recipes, beef recipes, dinner ideas, healthy recipes
This post has been sponsored by the New York Beef Council, all recipes and opinions are mine.