Crock Pot Smothered Pork Chops is the easiest crock pot recipe! These pork chops turn out super tender, covered in a delicious brown gravy!
There are some slow cooker recipes that call for cooking things before hand in a skillet, and I get that. You might want that nice sear on a pot roast before slow cooking, but it is an extra step! These Crock Pot Smothered Pork Chops have just 1 step, add everything into your slow cooker and walk away! It couldn’t be an easier dinner recipe, I can promise you that.
The EASIEST Pork Chops Recipe!
We get it, everyone is super busy these days, every day, all the time. And hey, maybe you just aren’t that busy but you really don’t feel like making dinner a whole thing…we get that, too.
These Crock Pot Smothered Pork Chops are one of our favorite dinner recipes for so many reasons. Not only are these pork chops so darn easy to make, but our kids love them and it’s also a very inexpensive meal.
All you do to make this pork recipe is add the pork chops to a slow cooker along with a few, simple pantry ingredients. Set it to low (or high if you’re short on time) and walk away. You end up with these super tender pork chops that are covered in the most delicious gravy. You can serve this pork dinner over egg noodles, pasta, mashed potatoes or crispy french fries on the side!
Ingredients To Make This Pork Chop Recipe
Having a well stocked pantry is key to making easy dinner recipes like this one. We always try to have a few staples on hand so that we don’t have to constantly run out to the store.
Boneless Pork Chops: Because these pork chops are simmered in a crock pot with a juicy brown gravy, these pork chops aren’t going to be dry in any way. They’ll turn out so tender you can cut them with a fork!
Beef Broth: Find the best tasting beef broth at the store to give this gravy the most flavor. A bone broth or a beef stock would add the most flavor, broths do tend to be weaker but there are a few store brands that are really tasty.
Cream of Mushroom Soup: Another pantry staple, we always have condensed soups on hand for making casseroles or side dish recipes!
Powdered Beef Gravy: These little packets are sold in he spice aisle or sometimes in the salad dressing aisle. We buy ours in large containers because we use this ingredient in many different recipes.
When the pork chops are done cooking, you can thicken the gravy by pouring it into a pot and adding a cornstarch mixture. Pour the thickened gravy back into your crock pot with the pork chops and keep on the warm setting until you’re ready to serve.
Looking For More Slow Cooker Recipes?
- Chipotle Creamy Salsa Chicken
- Sweet Chili Chicken Wings
- Crock Pot Corned Beef
- Crock Pot Sausage & Peppers
- Sticky Chicken Legs
These tender pork chops are so easy to make, they’ll be on your weekly dinner menu! Serve with mashed potatoes, crispy french fries, rice or egg noodles!
- 6 boneless pork chops ( approximately 2 inches thick)
- 1 (1 ounce) package onion soup mix
- 2 tablespoons powdered brown gravy
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 black pepper
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Add pork chops to slow cooker and season with salt, pepper, onion soup mix, garlic powder.
- Mix cream of mushroom soup, beef broth and powdered gravy together in a bowl and then pour over the pork chops. Cook for 6-8 hours on low, 4 on high.*
- Remove pork chops from slow cooker and then pour the gravy into a medium pot. Bring to a boil and then whisk in a mixture of 2 tablespoons cornstarch with 2 tablespoon water. Let the gravy simmer for 5 minutes to thicken.
- Return the pork chops to the slow cooker and pour the thickened gravy on top. Serve or turn on the “keep warm” setting until ready.
The pork chops will be done closer to the earlier times, even 3 hours on high, depending on the thickness of the pork chops. They will continue to cook and get more tender the longer the cooking time.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: slow cooker recipe, crock pot recipe, slow cooker pork, pork recipe, pork chop recipe, dinner recipes, easy recipes, easy dinner