This Crock Pot Applesauce Pork Roast Recipe is the easiest and most delicious crock pot roast recipe to ever to come out of your slow cooker!
Can You Make This Crock Pot Pork Roast Recipe With A Tenderloin?
Yes! Just grab two pork tenderloins at the store, sometimes they come seasoned but get the unseasoned ones. Pork tenderloin crock pot recipes always seem to have BBQ sauce, like a pulled pork. We wanted to make something as easy, but with a different taste.
Follow the recipe as is, just adding the two pork tenderloins into the slow cooker instead of the one large roast. Since the pork tenderloin is smaller, it will be done faster than the whole pork roast, so you might want to check it after about 6 hours.
Need to leave it cook for the full 8 hours? It’s not going to be a problem. This crock pot pork tenderloin will be super tender and but oh so delicious.
The Easiest Slow Cooker Pork Recipe EVER
Because when I say this crock pot pork roast recipe is easy, I mean EASY. I’m talking THREE ingredients here. Pork, onions and applesauce.
That’s probably the easiest crock pot recipe you’re going to find, and you’ll be making it over and over again. Besides a few seasonings and cornstarch to thicken the killer gravy at the end, that’s all you need to get this pork roast dinner on the table tonight.
There’s a few people I’ve talked to lately that don’t like slow cooker recipes…they say the texture is always mushy or falling apart, or that everything tastes the same.
Well I am here to prove those people wrong! You’d never know this Slow Cooker Applesauce Pork Roast actually came out of a crock pot.
It seems like it’s a roast that came right from your oven. Sliced, not shredded and covered in an apple gravy you’ll be getting up off your plate with every last piece of bread at the table.
It’s pretty amazing.
Also this recipe cooks for a full 8 hours, you can even go a little longer if you’re not home right at the 8 hour mark, because you’re starting with a whole roast it’s not going to fall apart on you.
How To Make The Best Crock Pot Pork Roast
First you start out by seasoning the roast and burying it into the slow cooker with loads of sliced onions.
Don’t let so many onions scare you, they’ll practically melt away in the sauce. Next, pour the applesauce on top.
Put the lid on and wait. Or go to work, or clean the house or Netflix binge something or whatever you do to fill up your day.
After 8 hours your pork roast will look like this…
What Side Dishes Go Well With Pork?
Looking For More Crock Pot Recipes?
- Slow Cooker BBQ French Dip Sandwiches
- Slow Cooker Nutty Asian Pork
- Jersey Pot Roast
- Slow Cooker Shaking Beef
A Crock Pot Pork Roast Recipe that’s so easy it’s practically no-fail! There’s only 3 ingredients, so it doesn’t get much better, or easier than that!
- 4 lb. pork loin roast
- 1 1/2 cups applesauce
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 2 tablespoons of the gravy (at the end)
- Season the roast with the salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Place in your slow cooker and top with the sliced onions tucked on the side of the roast and applesauce poured on top. Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Remove the roast from the slow cooker and place on a cutting board covered with foil to keep warm.
- Pour the juices from the slow cooker into a pot over medium heat and bring to a boil.
- Mix the cornstarch together with the gravy in a small bowl until smooth, then slowly add to the pot of gravy while whisking.
- Bring back to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
- Slice the pork, place on a serving platter and pour the gravy over the top.
- Make sure when you place the onions into the slow cooker they’re on the sides of the roast and not on top so that they caramelize in the sauce.
- Category: dinner
- Method: slow cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: slow cooker recipe, pork loin recipe, pork roast, crock pot pork, crock pot recipes, dinner ideas, easy meals