This Slow Cooker Jersey Pot Roast is my twist on the famous Mississippi Pot Roast you see all the time. Except this pot roast has a some Jersey flavor!
Coming home to a pot roast dinner that’s been cooking away in your kitchen all day is one of the best things ever.
Just the smell alone when you walk in the door can’t be beat – then when you slice it and take a bite…it’s pretty amazing.
We’ve made Mississippi Pot Roast a couple of times before with the pepperoncini peppers and it’s awesome, but for this Jersey Pot Roast we wanted to give it an Italian twist – straight out of Jersey.
We wanted to keep it easy, too, just like the Mississippi Pot Roast recipe, so there’s not a lot of ingredients going on here. Just tomato sauce, seasonings and pepper strips. The peppers cook down in the tomato sauce and make this awesome gravy at the end that you’re going to want to drink up with a spoon.
Lots of bread for soaking up the sauce with this pot roast dinner – or a big pile of mashed potatoes.
Or both. I pick both.
I prefer a pot roast that you can slice, or a slow cooker pork roast recipe instead of one that falls apart into pieces but that’s also up to you. If you want it to slice for you then cook the roast for 8 hours, if you want it to be more tender then cook it longer and it will fall apart into pieces when it’s done.
Either way, just make sure you spoon all that sauce over the top…it’s the sauce that makes the flavor!
This tender Italian style pot roast is flavored with tomato sauce and peppers. Slow cooked until tender and served with peppers and lots of tomato gravy!
- 4–5 lb. Bottom Chuck Roast
- 2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 can (29 oz.) tomato sauce
- 1 (.7 oz package) dry Italian dressing mix
- 1 (.87 package) Brown Gravy mix
- 1 large red pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 large green pepper, sliced into strips
- Season the roast on both sides with the salt and pepper.
- Pour half the tomato sauce in the bottom of the slow cooker then add the meat on top.
- Add the dressing and gravy mixes to the top of the roast then pour the remaining tomato sauce on the top and sides of the roast.
- Place the pepper strips in the slow cooker around the meat.
- Set the slow cooker to low and cook for 8 hours.
- Remove from the slow cooker, slice and spoon the sauce and peppers over the top.