These Parmesan Baked Chicken Breasts are SO incredibly juicy! 30 minutes is all you need to get this easy chicken recipe ready and on the dinner table!
Easy Baked Chicken Breasts Recipe
These Parmesan Baked Chicken Breasts are not only really easy to make, but they’re going to be a hit with everyone who eats them! Juicy, tangy chicken with a parmesan cheese topping? I mean, how can you go wrong here.
This is a great dinner recipe for everything from busy nights to a date night at home, even for beginner cooks. Once you make this chicken recipe, it’s going to go in your permanent dinner rotation, guaranteed.
What Ingredients Do You Need To Make This Chicken Recipe?
Just a few basic ingredients are all you need for this chicken dinner, but you can also get creative and add a few touches of your own if you like!
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts: Chicken breasts can get dried out on you if you cook them too long, so watch the cooking time here. You can use this same recipe with boneless, skinless chicken thighs but you’ll need to add a few more minutes to the cooking time.
- Mayonnaise: Mayonnaise helps to adhere the parmesan cheese to the chicken, but it also helps to keep the chicken breasts super juicy. We like to use regular mayonnaise but low fat would work too.
- Mustard: Mustard is optional, it’s just for a touch of added flavor, but if you don’t like mustard then just leave it off. Dijon, stone ground or honey mustard will all work!
- Parmesan Cheese: Use a good quality, nutty parmesan cheese to make the most flavorful chicken breasts. Grate your own or buy it in the produce section of your grocery store, instead of the canned variety on the shelves.
- Chicken Broth: Chicken broth or stock is another ingredient that adds flavor but also helps to keep the chicken tender and juicy!
- Seasonings: Salt, black pepper, garlic powder and paprika
How Do You Make This Chicken Breasts Recipe?
- Season the chicken on both sides with salt and black pepper.
- Next, add a layer of mayonnaise and mustard (if using) to the tops of each chicken breast, followed by garlic powder, paprika and finally the parmesan cheese.
- Pour chicken broth in the bottom of a 9″ x 13″ baking dish and place the chicken breasts in the oven at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes. The cooking time will depend on how large the chicken breasts are. Use a thermometer to make sure the chicken is cooked to 165 degrees.
Can You Make This Chicken Recipe Ahead Of Time?
Yes you can! There are two options to do this. The first is to prepare the chicken with the seasonings and all the toppings and then refrigerate until ready to bake. The next option is to cook the chicken all the way through, cool and refrigerate until ready to reheat.
Don’t forget to save the chicken juices in the baking dish to help keep the chicken juicy when reheating. Another tip when reheating already cooked chicken is to slice the chicken breasts before reheating so that it warms up in less time than a whole chicken breast.
What Sides Go Well With Chicken?
Head over to our Side Dishes Menu for all the recipe ideas you could ever need, but we’ll list a few favorites here too. This chicken recipe is very low carb, so if you’re looking for a low carb option just pick one of the vegetable sides!
- Garlic Parmesan Potatoes
- Perfectly Smooth Mashed Potatoes
- Peas and Bacon
- Cheesy Roasted Asparagus
- Honey Glazed Carrots
- Restaurant Style Spanish Rice
Looking For More Easy Chicken Recipes?
- Chicken Francese
- BBQ Boneless Chicken Thighs
- Easy Chicken Stew Recipe
- Crock Pot Chicken & Gravy
- Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets
These Parmesan Baked Chicken Breasts are SO tender and juicy! Get this chicken dinner on the table in 30 minutes with just a few, simple ingredients!
- 2 1/2 pounds (about 4 large) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 – 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt (depending on your taste)
- Fresh black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon mustard (optional, see note*)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Season both sides of the chicken breasts with the salt and pepper. Spread a layer of mayonnaise on the top of each chicken breast, followed by a thin layer of the mustard (if using).
- Spray a 9″ x 13″ baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and then place the chicken breasts in a single layer in the dish.
- Top the chicken with the garlic powder, paprika and finally the grated parmesan cheese, dividing between the chicken breasts.
- Pour the chicken broth into the bottom of the dish. Bake for 25 minutes, or until the center of the thickest part of the chicken breasts registers 165 degrees on a meat thermometer. We like to take the chicken out at 160 degrees, cover and let rest for 5 minutes until the chicken comes to temperature.
The mustard is optional; if you’re not a fan of mustard just leave it out. We make this chicken often both ways. If you like a little spice, dijon or stone ground are options. Our boys love when we make this chicken with honey mustard, too!
If your chicken breasts are very thick, you can pound out the thicker end to make the chicken cook evenly.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mantitlement, easy chicken recipes, chicken breast recipes, parmesan chicken, low carb recipes, low carb chicken recipes, low carb dinner