Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets are so crispy, you won’t believe they aren’t fried! These chicken nuggets are on the table in less than 10 minutes!
If you love easy chicken recipes like these chicken nuggets, try these Slow Cooker Crispy Carnitas or these baked Parmesan Chicken Wings! Both recipes are great for easy dinners, game days or parties!
An 8 Minute Air Fryer Chicken Recipe
So we just got on the air fryer bandwagon, and we like it. We like it a lot.
These Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets came out so perfectly crispy, we could even believe it! Our kids loved them (WIN) and we loved them too. The best part is that there’s only four ingredients, so it’s pretty easy to have everything on hand!
All you need is a bottle of Italian dressing, parmesan cheese, bread crumbs and of course, the chicken.
We used boneless, skinless chicken breasts but you can use chicken thighs or chicken tenderloins, too. After marinating in the Italian dressing, these chicken nuggets are going to be juicy and tender, so no dry chicken nuggets here.
Can I Make These Chicken Nuggets In The Oven?
Yes, you definitely can. Use a wore rack to place over a baking sheet, spray the chicken with cooking spray and bake in a 425 degree oven for 15 minutes, flipping once in between cooking.
I’m telling you, they aren’t going to be AS crispy as an air fryer gets them, but they are still going to be super crispy and darn tasty.
What Can You Dip These Chicken Nuggets In?
We love dipping these chicken nuggets in honey mustard sauce! You can buy your favorite bottle from the store or you can use a homemade version like we have in these Honey Mustard Taquitos.
Another great dipping sauce for these chicken nuggets would be our Awesome Sauce, if you’ve never tried that do head on over and check it out! Maybe you’re serving these crispy chicken nuggets for appetizers even on game day?
Then you should definitely check out our famous Whiskey Glaze, that would be perfect for dipping these nuggets into!
You can switch up the simple marinade here and try something different, too! Use our homemade favorite chicken marinade or just maybe a teriyaki marinade for an Asian flavored chicken nugget!
Can You Freeze These Chicken Nuggets?
Oh yes, we make big batches of this chicken nugget recipe and freeze them for an easy dinner. To reheat, preheat your air fryer to 375 degrees and then cook the frozen nuggets for 10-12 minutes until warmed through.
To reheat these nuggets in the oven, place them in a 400 degree oven for 15 minutes, flipping once during cooking.
Looking For More Air Fryer Recipes?
- Air Fryer Donuts
- Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Shrimp
- Air Fryer General Tso’s Chicken
- Air Fryer Chicken Katsu
- Air Fryer Ranch Chicken Nuggets
These super crispy air fryer chicken nuggets are going to be a hit with the whole family!
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, (or thighs) cut into 3 inch pieces
- 1 cup Italian dressing (you can use light dressing or regular)
- 2 cups Seasoned Panko Breadcrumbs
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs beaten with 2 teaspoons water
- Marinate the chicken pieces in the dressing for at least 2 hours or up to overnight.
- Remove the chicken from the dressing (discarding the dressing) and place on paper towels to dry off the dressing.
- Add the beaten eggs to a shallow dish. Mix the parmesan cheese and the breadcrumbs together in another dish.
- Dip each piece of chicken into the egg wash, letting the excess drip off and then into the parmesan/breadcrumb mixture to coat. Repeat with all of the chicken.
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees.
- Spray the baking racks of your air fryer with cooking spray, then add the chicken nuggets in a single layer onto the racks. Spray the tops of the chicken nuggets with cooking spray then place into the air fryer.
- Cook for 8 minutes until brown and crispy, take a piece of chicken out to make sure it’s cooke through completely then remove the nuggets from the air fryer.
- Serve with honey mustard, BBQ sauce or ketchup!
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: air fryer recipe, air fryer chicken nuggets, easy chicken recipe, chicken nugget recipe, healthy chicken recipe