Air Fryer Donuts are my kind of dessert recipe! You only need four ingredients to make these addicting, buttery, cinnamon sugar donuts!
Who doesn’t love a recipe so easy that even your kids can make it??? Well we do for sure, and our kids love making these donuts! Also be sure to check out our Homemade Cinnamon Sugar Fortune Cookies, another fun idea for the kids!
Easy Air Fryer Donut Recipe
Looking for a reason to break out your air fryer? These Air Fryer Donuts are the reason! SO easy to make, your kids can do it themselves…and we all know that’s a huge bonus. Give the kids something to do besides playing video games, tell them to go in the kitchen and whip up a batch of these cinnamon sugar air fryer donuts.
All you need to make these air fryer donuts are 4 ingredients!
- Canned biscuits
Cut a hole in the center of each biscuit to make it resemble a donut. If you have a circle cutter for this, that’s even easier but you can also just use a knife and cut them out.
Set your air fryer to 350 degrees (preheating if your model requires). Spray the inside basket or racks with non-stick cooking spray and place the biscuits in the basket or racks in a single layer.
Our air fryer uses racks instead of one big basket, so you can fit a lot more of these donuts in at one time. Also you don’t have to turn them over while they are cooking, but with a basket type air fryer you will have to turn them over once during the cooking time.
These air fryer donuts will cook for about 5 minutes until they are nice and golden brown just like these here. Now it’s time for dipping…
Dip the biscuits in melted butter and then coat in a mixture of cinnamon and sugar. Place on a wire baking rack and repeat with the remaining biscuits.
What Other Flavors Can I Use To Make These Air Fryer Donuts?
If cinnamon sugar isn’t your thing, you can use many other donut toppings!
- Store bought frosting: You can use any flavor of store bought frosting to frost these donuts with! Add sprinkles or any type of cookie decoration.
- Chocolate Ganache: Make a quick ganache for dipping the tops of the donuts into for a glazed donut. Again, plain or with sprinkles.
- Powdered Sugar Glaze: Make a glaze with confectioners sugar, vanilla extract and milk to dip the whole donut into or just glaze the tops.
- Powdered: Dip the donuts in butter and then roll in powdered sugar.
Can You Make This Donut Recipe Ahead Of Time?
These air fryer donuts are best eaten warm, right when they are made. Of course our kids had zero problem eating any leftover donuts later on that day or even the next morning, but fresh is best for this recipe.
These air fryer donuts are so easy to make you can actually just make the amount that you need for the moment, only need 4? Just make 4. Only need 2? Just make 2. Only 5 minutes to hot, warm, buttery donuts so you can actually make them as you need them.
Of you’re making them ahead of time for a party, make the donuts and keep them warm in a 300 degree oven. Then right before serving, dip in butter and coat in cinnamon sugar.
Looking For More Easy Dessert Recipes?
- 5 Minute Chocolate Fondue
- Easy Apple Crisp
- Disney’s Grey Stuff
- No Bake Blueberry Cheesecake Dip
- Banana Bourbon Poke Cake
Air Fryer Donuts
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
You only need 4 ingredients to make these cinnamon sugar Air Fryer Donuts ! So easy to make, you’re kids can make them themselves!
- 1 (16.3 ounce) can Pillsbury Grands! Biscuits
- 8 tablespoons butter (1 stick) melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Place the biscuits on a cutting board. Using a small round biscuit cutter, cut holes in the center of each biscuit to resemble a donut. If you don’t have a biscuit cutter you can use a knife or a small round cookie cutter.
- Preheat your air fryer to 350 (if needed) and spray the basket or racks with non-stick cooking spray. Place the biscuits in a single layer, not touching in the air fryer and cook for 5 minutes until golden brown. If your air fryer uses racks, you don’t have to turn them. If your air fryer uses the traditional basket, then turn them after 2 1/2 minutes and continue cooking another 2 1/2 -3 minutes until golden brown.
- Mix the sugar together with the cinnamon in a bowl. Dip the donuts into the melted butter, letting the excess drip off and then roll on both sides in the cinnamon sugar mixture. Repeat with the remaining donuts.
- Serve immediately.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: air fryer recipes, air fryer donuts, cinnamon sugar donuts, easy recipes, kid friendly recipes, kid approved food, donut recipe, homemade donuts