Crock Pot Chicken and Gravy is one of our favorite comfort food recipes! Serve this easy chicken recipe over rice, noodles or on toast!
An easy dinner recipe that the whole family goes crazy for? This is it. Be sure to check out some of our other easy chicken recipes like this Crock Pot Root Beer Chicken or these Asian Baked Chicken Legs!
Slow Cooker Chicken and Gravy RecipeWhen you need an easy, totally comforting recipe for your family dinner this Crock Pot Chicken and Gravy is it. Not only do we make this recipe on the regular for dinner, but we also like to make it on game day or for parties!
You can serve this chicken and gravy on toast points like we have here for a hot, open faced sandwich. Or spoon it over rice or noodles for the most comforting dinner ever. We always seem to think of comfort food recipes that take all day to make, and those are fantastic but this chicken recipe practically makes itself!
How Do You Make This Crock Pot Chicken Recipe?
It’s so, so easy you guys. Just add chicken breasts (you can also use boneless, skinless chicken thighs) to a 6-8 quart crock pot. Mix together cream of chicken soup, a couple of chicken gravy packets and some seasoning and you’re done.
Cook on low for 4 hours (a little longer if you’re using chicken thighs) then remove the chicken from the slow cooker. Shred the chicken and place it back into the slow cooker, mix together with the gravy and serve.
That’s all folks. Nothing else to it. Not only do you have a delicious comfort food dinner on the table but it hardly took you any effort.
How Do You Serve Crock Pot Chicken and Gravy?
Like we mentioned before, our favorite way to eat this shredded chicken and gravy is to spoon it on top of toast points. Hot Open Faced Sandwiches are big at our house, no matter what time of year it is.
Other ways to serve this chicken is to serve it over rice or noodles. Grains like farro and barley are also delicious, so use your favorite carb here. Trying to cut back on the carbs? No worries, just eat this chicken and gravy as is and add a salad or some roasted vegetables on this side and you are good to go.
Can You Make This Chicken Recipe Ahead Of Time?
Absolutely! Just warm it up in the microwave for an easy dinner with whatever sides you choose! This Crock Pot Chicken and Gravy also freezes beautifully, so you can make a double batch and pull it out for an easy dinner at another time!
Is Chicken and Gravy a Low Carb Recipe?
Actually, it is. If you’re nixing the toast, rice or noodles, this chicken recipe is only about 3 carbs per serving. Since it is so delicious all on it’s own, you’re not going to have trouble sticking to your low carb diet with this chicken recipe. But like we said, make some vegetables or a salad on the side or serve it over Cauliflower Rice!
Looking For More Slow Cooker Recipes?
- French Dip Sandwiches
- Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken
- Crock Pot Sausage & Peppers
- Crock Pot Chicken Pot Pie
Crock Pot Chicken and Gravy is one of our favorite comfort food recipes! Comfort food doesn’t have to take all day, this slow cooker recipe is done in 4 hours and takes almost zero effort!
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Fresh black pepper to taste
- 2 packets (0.87 ounces each) chicken gravy mix
- 10 ounce can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Whisk the chicken gravy packets, cream of chicken soup and water together in a bowl.
- Place the chicken breasts in the basin of a 6-8 quart slow cooker and season with poultry seasoning, thyme and pepper to taste.
- Pour the gravy and water mixture over the chicken breasts, making sure they are submerged in the liquid.
- Cook on low for 4 hours. Remove the chicken from the slow cooker and shred using two forks. Place the shredded chicken back into the slow cooker and toss with the gravy.
- Serve over thick pieces of toast for an open faced sandwich, or on a plate with rice or pasta on the side.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mantitlement, easy chicken recipes, comfort food recipes, chicken and gravy, easy dinner recipes, recipes with chicken breast