Craving a delicious, home-cooked meal but short on time? Try this easy Crock Pot Chicken and Gravy! With just a few simple ingredients, you can have a delicious, comforting meal ready in no time. Tender chicken and a rich, flavorful gravy the whole family will love.
An easy slow cooker recipe that the whole family goes crazy for? This is it. Be sure to check out some of our other easy chicken recipes like this Crock Pot Root Beer Chicken or these Asian Baked Chicken Legs!
Slow Cooker Chicken and Gravy Recipe
When you need an easy, totally comforting recipe for your family dinner this Crock Pot Chicken and Gravy is it. Not only do we make this recipe on the regular for dinner, but we also like to make it on game day or for parties!
You can serve this chicken and gravy on toast points like we have here for a hot, open faced sandwich. Or spoon it over rice or noodles for the most comforting dinner ever. We always seem to think of comfort food recipes that take all day to make, and those are fantastic but this chicken recipe practically makes itself!
- Add chicken breasts (you can also use boneless, skinless chicken thighs) to a 6-8 quart crock pot.
- Season the chicken breasts with poultry seasoning, dried thyme, salt and pepper.
- Mix together condensed cream of chicken soup, 2 chicken gravy packets and 1 1/2 cups of water. Pour over the chicken.
- Set the slow cooker on low for 4 hours. Remove the chicken from the slow cooker, shred and stir back into the gravy.
Tips For Success
As mentioned, you can also use boneless, skinless chicken thighs for this recipe but they will take longer to cook. If the chicken breasts that you are using are quite large, cut them in half before placing them into your slow cooker.
The gravy turns out quite thick, and will thicken more as it cools down. However, if you like a very thick gravy you can add a cornstarch slurry to the gravy at the end of the cooking time and continue to cook with the lid of for 15 minutes longer.
How Do You Serve Crock Pot Chicken and Gravy?
Like we mentioned before, our favorite way to eat this shredded chicken and gravy is to spoon it on top of toast points. Hot Open Faced Sandwiches are big at our house, no matter what time of year it is.
Other ways to serve this chicken is to serve it over rice or noodles. Grains like farro and barley are also delicious, so use your favorite carb here.
Trying to cut back on the carbs? No worries, just eat this chicken and gravy as is and add a salad or some roasted vegetables on this side and you are good to go.
Can You Make This Slow Cooker Recipe Ahead Of Time?
Absolutely! Just warm it up in the microwave for an easy dinner with whatever sides you choose! This Crock Pot Chicken and Gravy also freezes beautifully, so you can make a double batch and pull it out for an easy dinner at another time!
Is Chicken and Gravy a Low Carb Recipe?
Actually, it is. If you’re nixing the toast, rice or noodles, this chicken recipe is only about 3 carbs per serving. Since it is so delicious all on it’s own, you’re not going to have trouble sticking to your low carb diet with this chicken recipe. But like we said, make some vegetables or a salad on the side or serve it over Cauliflower Rice!
In conclusion, this crock pot chicken and gravy recipe is the perfect dinner recipe for busy weeknights or lazy weekends. With simple ingredients and easy preparation, it is a crowd-pleaser that will satisfy even the pickiest eaters. Give it a try and see for yourself how delicious it can be!
Looking For More Slow Cooker Recipes?
- French Dip Sandwiches
- Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken
- Crock Pot Sausage & Peppers
- Crock Pot Chicken Pot Pie
Crock Pot Chicken and Gravy is one of our favorite comfort food recipes! Comfort food doesn’t have to take all day, this slow cooker recipe is done in 4 hours and takes almost zero effort!
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Fresh black pepper to taste
- 2 packets (0.87 ounces each) chicken gravy mix
- 10 ounce can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Whisk the chicken gravy packets, cream of chicken soup and water together in a bowl.
- Place the chicken breasts in the basin of a 6-8 quart slow cooker and season with poultry seasoning, thyme and pepper to taste.
- Pour the gravy and water mixture over the chicken breasts, making sure they are submerged in the liquid.
- Cook on low for 4 hours. Remove the chicken from the slow cooker and shred using two forks. Place the shredded chicken back into the slow cooker and toss with the gravy.
- Serve over thick pieces of toast for an open faced sandwich, or on a plate with rice or pasta on the side.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mantitlement, easy chicken recipes, comfort food recipes, chicken and gravy, easy dinner recipes, recipes with chicken breast