Ten minutes is all you need to start this Crock Pot Chicken Pot Pie! Chicken and vegetables cooked in a creamy sauce, topped off with a biscuit!
How much do you love easy dinner recipes like this crock pot chicken pot pie? As much as we love our Double Crust Chicken Pot Pie, sometimes you need a dinner that can cook while you’re away! For more quick dinner ideas, try this French Dip Sandwich Hack – ready in just 15 minutes – and these BBQ Meatloaf Muffins!
Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie
When you need to get dinner on the table fast, this Crock Pot Chicken Pot Pie is the answer! Super creamy and comforting, this chicken filling is delicious all by itself. BUT we’re going to top it off with store bought biscuits that cook up in just a few minutes, making this dinner recipe as easy as preheating the oven.
You can also top this chicken pot pie with baked, broken pie crust or crushed crackers, but we love using buttery, flakey biscuits! Break them up and scoop them up with the filling or serve them on the side for dipping.
Either way, this slow cooker pot pie is one of the best dinner recipes that you’re going to get on the table, guaranteed.
Ingredients For Chicken Pot Pie
Try adding more vegetables to the filling if you like, or swapping out different ingredients like broccoli for the mushrooms if mushrooms aren’t your thing. Other vegetable add-ins could include pearl onions, celery, small diced potatoes or cauliflower.
- Chicken breast: Diced chicken breast will cook up perfectly in this sauce, you can also use diced chicken thighs, too.
- Cream of mushroom soup, cream of chicken soup, chicken broth and heavy cream: These ingredients will make the sauce for the filling, super creamy and super delicious.
- Frozen peas and carrots: No need to defrost these, just add them right into the crock pot.
- Sliced fresh mushrooms: I love the flavor that fresh mushrooms add to this chicken pot pie, they give the sauce a deeper, ricer flavor.
- Fresh thyme: Use fresh herbs when possible for the best flavor, but you can substitute dried thyme if that’s what you have, use about a teaspoon.
- Store bought biscuits: Grab whatever kind you like, buttery, buttermilk, regular, any kind will work!
How To Make This Crock Pot Recipe
Making this recipe really couldn’t be easier! Just add everything into your slow cooker or crock pot and set it on the low setting for 6-7 hours. During the last 30 minutes, add a cornstarch and cream mixture to the slow cooker to thicken the sauce.
Place your biscuits into the oven according to the package directions and either serve them alongside the filling or right on top. This is a great make ahead dinner recipe, too! You can make this pot pie even a day or two ahead of time and then just warm it up and serve.
Love All Things Chicken Pot Pie???
- Double Crust Chicken Pot Pie
- Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- Skillet Chicken Pot Pie
- Spaghetti Squash Chicken Pot Pie
Crock Pot Chicken Pot Pie
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 hours
- Total Time: 6 hours 5 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
This easy chicken pot pie recipe can be ready to go in just 10 minutes! Slow cooked all day while you’re away, this creamy chicken pot pie filling is topped off with a flakey biscuit!
- 2 pounds chicken breast, diced
- 1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups frozen peas and carrots
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 6–7 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 (10.5 oz.) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10.5 oz.) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Can of refrigerated biscuits (8 count)
- Add the chicken, mushrooms, peas and carrots, garlic powder, salt, pepper and thyme to a 6-7 quart slow cooker.
- Combine the cream of mushrooms soup, cream of chicken soup, and chicken broth in a bowl and mix together. Pour over the chicken and lightly toss together.
- Cook on low for 6-7 hours. During the last 30 minutes of cooking, combine the cornstarch with the cream and stir into the sauce and chicken. Turn to high and cook another 30 minutes to thicken the sauce.
- While the sauce is thickening, cook the biscuits according to the package directions. Spoon the chicken pot pie filling into a bowl and serve with a biscuit on top.
Nutritional information is without the biscuits, since that will depend on what brand of biscuits that you are purchasing.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: slow cooker recipes, crock pot recipes, chicken pot pie recipe, easy recipes, easy dinner recipes, dinner recipes, easy chicken recipes