This easy chicken pot pie recipe can be ready to go in just 10 minutes! Slow cooked all day while you’re away, this creamy chicken pot pie filling is topped off with a flakey biscuit!
- 2 pounds chicken breast, diced
- 1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups frozen peas and carrots
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 6–7 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 (10.5 oz.) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10.5 oz.) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Can of refrigerated biscuits (8 count)
- Add the chicken, mushrooms, peas and carrots, garlic powder, salt, pepper and thyme to a 6-7 quart slow cooker.
- Combine the cream of mushrooms soup, cream of chicken soup, and chicken broth in a bowl and mix together. Pour over the chicken and lightly toss together.
- Cook on low for 6-7 hours. During the last 30 minutes of cooking, combine the cornstarch with the cream and stir into the sauce and chicken. Turn to high and cook another 30 minutes to thicken the sauce.
- While the sauce is thickening, cook the biscuits according to the package directions. Spoon the chicken pot pie filling into a bowl and serve with a biscuit on top.
Nutritional information is without the biscuits, since that will depend on what brand of biscuits that you are purchasing.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: slow cooker recipes, crock pot recipes, chicken pot pie recipe, easy recipes, easy dinner recipes, dinner recipes, easy chicken recipes