Crock Pot Chicken and Gravy is one of our favorite comfort food recipes! Comfort food doesn’t have to take all day, this slow cooker recipe is done in 4 hours and takes almost zero effort!
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Fresh black pepper to taste
- 2 packets (0.87 ounces each) chicken gravy mix
- 10 ounce can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Whisk the chicken gravy packets, cream of chicken soup and water together in a bowl.
- Place the chicken breasts in the basin of a 6-8 quart slow cooker and season with poultry seasoning, thyme and pepper to taste.
- Pour the gravy and water mixture over the chicken breasts, making sure they are submerged in the liquid.
- Cook on low for 4 hours. Remove the chicken from the slow cooker and shred using two forks. Place the shredded chicken back into the slow cooker and toss with the gravy.
- Serve over thick pieces of toast for an open faced sandwich, or on a plate with rice or pasta on the side.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mantitlement, easy chicken recipes, comfort food recipes, chicken and gravy, easy dinner recipes, recipes with chicken breast