Asian Chicken Legs are an easy dinner recipe for busy nights or parties! Tender chicken legs basted with an addicting, sticky & sweet glaze!
Asian Chicken Legs Recipe
We all need a few staple recipes in our back pockets like these Asian Chicken Legs! Not only is this easy chicken recipe affordable but it’s out of the park delicious! We’re using our popular Homemade Stir Fry Sauce recipe for the glaze on these chicken legs and it’s spot on perfect.
Don’t feel like making a homemade sauce for this chicken? No worries because this Asian glaze only takes 5 minutes to make. All you need to do is add all the ingredients into a saucepan and thicken with cornstarch. Bring to a boil to thicken and you’re good to go.
Chicken legs are usually a very affordable, inexpensive part of the chicken to buy at the grocery store, so we stock up on it. We’ve got a couple of teenage boys in the house that do nothing but eat, so we can’t always have the most expensive items at the store.
All of that good stuff being said, these Asian Chicken Legs are literally finger-licking good! Serve with a side of rice and steamed broccoli or a big old pile of crispy French Fries!
What Ingredients Do I Need To Make This Chicken Leg Recipe?
Like I said, it’s super simple, the list is short. Chicken legs and Asian Glaze. For the glaze there are a few ingredients but I promise you, it’s worth gathering them together for this glaze recipe because it’s literally the best ever. We use it for Stir Fry recipes, healthy Meatball Recipes and more.
Chicken Legs: You can leave the skin on or take it off, it won’t matter too much for the end result.
Asian Glaze: Soy sauce, oyster sauce, ginger, garlic and sesame oil, sherry, chicken broth and cornstarch. We make this sauce in big batches and keep it in our refrigerator to use throughout the week!
How Do You Cook Chicken Legs?
All you need to do is season the chicken legs with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Place them on a baking rack over a baking sheet so the skin can get crispy on all sides.
Bake the chicken legs for 30 minutes and then take them out of the oven to add the glaze. The chicken will be browned at this point but not quite done.
Now add the glaze to the chicken legs and bake another 10 minutes. One more basting of glaze and another 10 minutes in the oven and these chicken legs are done! You can make this recipe with chicken thighs or chicken wings too! Of course the cooking times will change for each different type of chicken but just make sure the juices run clear before serving.
Can I Make This Chicken Ahead Of Time?
You definitely can, but the skin wont’ be as crispy as when it’s first made. But if you’re making this recipe with skinless chicken legs it won’t matter at all. Even with the skin, our boys still love leftovers of this chicken. They usually go though a family pack in just a couple of days!
Can I Use Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast For This Recipe?
Absolutely! If chicken breast is what you have on hand then definitely use that. You don’t need to use a baking rack with chicken breast since there isn’t any skin to crisp up. Just season and bake the chicken for about the same amount of time and then add the glaze in two steps like we did with the chicken legs.
The reason for adding the glaze two times is because it sticks to the chicken as it heats up in the oven. So instead of having a thin layer of glaze on your chicken, it’ll be nice and thick and sticky.
Looking For More Easy Chicken Recipes?
- Chicken Fried Rice
- Slow Cooker Mexican Shredded Chicken
- Creamy Chicken Marsala
- Air Fryer (and Oven) Ranch Chicken Nuggets
- Dry Rub BBQ Chicken Wings
This easy chicken legs recipe is a go to dinner at our house! Serve this chicken with rice and broccoli or crispy french fries!
- 1 recipe Homemade Stir Fry Sauce
- 12–15 chicken legs, skin on (can remove the skin if desired)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Add the chicken legs to a baking rack placed over a baking sheet. Spray the rack with non-stick cooking spray.
- Season the chicken legs with the salt, pepper and garlic powder. Add more seasoning if you need to, just make sure the chicken is coated well in the spices.
- Bake the chicken for 30 minutes. While the chicken is cooking you can make the stir fry sauce recipe for the glaze. Once the sauce is finished cover the pot with a lid to keep warm until the chicken is done.
- After 30 minutes, remove the chicken from the oven and add a generous layer of the glaze. Return the pan to the oven and cook another 10 minutes. Remove the chicken legs again, glaze one more time and then bake another 5 minutes.
- Garnish with sesame seeds if desired.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mantitlement chicken legs, easy chicken recipes, dinner ideas, dinner recipes, oven baked chicken, asian glaze, homemade stir fry sauce