Fire up the grill and get ready to make these Tequila Lime Chicken Legs for dinner! Tender, juicy chicken legs marinated in tequila and pineapple juice!
A Marinated, Grilled Chicken Leg Recipe
The idea for this marinade came from the Lime Drop Shots I made a couple of weeks ago. Throwing the whole lime into your blender instead of just juicing makes the flavor pretty intense – just what you want in a marinade. Then add some pineapple, soy sauce and tequila and you’re all set. The perfect chicken marinade. And while you have all those lime you might as well make yourself a few shots to go along with your chicken…
How To Make Tequila Lime Chicken Legs
You just dump everything in the blender. Whole limes – seeds and all! Blend it up and pour it over your chicken legs. You can use chicken breast too if you have it, this marinade will work good on lots of meat. Pork, turkey, or even steak.
*Since this recipe has posted, we have changed the marinade to just include lime juice instead of using the whole lime. If you like a tart lime flavor, use the whole lime as shown here, but some readers found the lime flavor to be too strong this way. For a less tart lime flavor, simply add lime juice instead.
You do need to let these legs marinate for a good amount of time to get the full flavor. Overnight is best but at least 6 hours. If you’re using chicken breast don’t do it overnight because of all the lime, it’ll actually cook the chicken before you even get it on the grill.
But the chicken legs can take it – and the bonus to that is it cuts down on your grill time.
You can definitely taste the tequila…and of course the lime but the soy sauce and the pineapple juice make it a little sweet too. You’re going to want to grab the big pack of chicken legs to make this – the leftover cold chicken is amazing!
Looking For More Chicken Recipes?
- Asian Baked Chicken Legs
- Dry Rub BBQ Chicken Wings
- Our Favorite Chicken Marinade For Grilled Chicken
- Creamy Chicken Marsala
These juicy, grilled chicken legs get kicked up with lime and tequila! The tequila helps to tenderize the chicken as well as adding flavor!
- 12 chicken legs
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 20 oz. can of pineapple chunks (not drained)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- Add all the ingredients for the marinade into a blender. Blend until smooth and then pour over the chicken legs in a glass dish, tossing to make sure that everything is coated.
- Refrigerate overnight or at least 6 hours.
- Grill the chicken legs over medium heat, turning every few minutes, for a total cooking time of 25 minutes. You’ll need to turn the chicken legs every few minutes so that the marinade on the chicken doesn’t burn.
- Alternately you can cook these chicken legs in the oven. Place the chicken in a baking dish and bake at 400 degrees for 35 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and no pink remains.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: American