These juicy, grilled chicken legs get kicked up with lime and tequila! The tequila helps to tenderize the chicken as well as adding flavor!
- 12 chicken legs
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 20 oz. can of pineapple chunks (not drained)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- Add all the ingredients for the marinade into a blender. Blend until smooth and then pour over the chicken legs in a glass dish, tossing to make sure that everything is coated.
- Refrigerate overnight or at least 6 hours.
- Grill the chicken legs over medium heat, turning every few minutes, for a total cooking time of 25 minutes. You’ll need to turn the chicken legs every few minutes so that the marinade on the chicken doesn’t burn.
- Alternately you can cook these chicken legs in the oven. Place the chicken in a baking dish and bake at 400 degrees for 35 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and no pink remains.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: easy chicken recipes, low carb recipes, grilled chicken, chicken recipes, chicken leg recipes, tequila chicken, dinner ideas, dinner recipes