Creamy Chicken Marsala is easy to make and tastes just like it came from a restaurant! Tender chicken with an addicting, creamy marsala sauce!
Creamy Chicken MarsalaThis easy chicken marsala recipe is the kind of dinner you need to have in your back pocket. The taste is out of this world, but it doesn’t take long to make! It’s perfect for a weeknight family dinner, a date night or even the holidays. This is one chicken recipe you will put on repeat!
We like serving this mushroom chicken recipe with fluffy mashed potatoes or crispy shoestring french fries to soak up all the delicious, creamy marsala sauce! Believe me when I tell you that you won’t want to leave any of this creamy wine sauce behind.
Tips For Making The Best Chicken Marsala At Home
There are a few tips here in my opinion for making a chicken marsala recipe, well, the best. We’re looking for tender, almost cut with your fork tender chicken, a super addicting, plate licking sauce and a 30 minute or less recipe.
Think we can do it?
How To Cut Chicken Breasts In Half
First you need to check out the size of your chicken breast. If the chicken breasts that you’re using are really thick, slice them in half lengthwise so you end up with a thinner chicken breast.
Brown Your Mushrooms Properly
The next crucial step is browning the mushrooms really well. Making sure the mushrooms get browned nicely adds so much flavor to this chicken marsala recipe, you don’t want to skip it. 10 minutes or so is all you’ll need to get them good and browned.
Use Real Marsala Wine For The Sauce
Finally, you need to buy yourself real Marsala wine, not the cooking wine form the grocery store. All those experts out there will tell you to use dry Marsala, not sweet Marsala but honestly I use whatever I have.
Both work out just fine, as long as it’s real Marsala wine. Marsala is wine is an Italian dessert wine, typically drank after a meal. In the USA, we like to use it more for cooking than drinking like in this chicken recipe.
Can You Make Chicken Marsala Ahead Of Time?
Absolutely. Sometimes I think it tastes even better! I like to make this chicken recipe and let it cool down right in the skillet, then get it in the fridge.
That way I can put the skillet right back on the stove top when it’s time for dinner! If you’re marsala sauce gets too thick on you when you’re reheating you can add another splash of chicken broth or cream. (Or Both)
Alternately, you can transfer the chicken to a baking dish, cover and reheat in the oven. 350 degrees would work well for reheating this chicken dinner, about 20 or 25 minutes should warm it through.
Can You Freeze Chicken Marsala?
You can also make this chicken marsala, freeze it and save it for another day. When you go to reheat, thaw the chicken in the refrigerator first, then reheat in the oven at 350 until warm. Our Creamy Chicken Marsala Recipe makes a good amount of sauce so there’s no need to worry about adding any extra!
More Easy Chicken Recipes You Might Like:
We know you guys (like us) are always looking for awesome chicken recipes like this Easy Creamy Chicken Marsala Recipe! Here are some of our other favorite, easy chicken dinner recipes!
- Slow Cooker Mongolian Chicken
- Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry
- Our Favorite Chicken Recipes
- Caramelized Onion Chicken Thighs
- Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
This recipe for Creamy Chicken Marsala is so easy to make and tastes like it came from a fancy restaurant! Everyone will love the tender chicken and deliciously creamy mushroom sauce that’s full of authentic Italian flavor!
- 2 pounds chicken breast, cut in half lengthwise if thick
- Kosher salt and fresh black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup flour, plus 1 tablespoon, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 10 ounces button mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped rosemary
- 1/2 cup marsala wine
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- Start by seasoning both sides of the chicken breasts generously on both sides with salt, pepper and the garlic powder.
- Add the 1/2 cup of flour to a shallow plate or a resealable bag and coat the chicken completely, shaking off the excess flour.
- Add the olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat then add the chicken breasts in a single layer to brown. Cook for 4-5 minutes on each side until nicely browned, then remove to a plate and cover with foil.
- Add the butter to the same skillet, then add the mushrooms, seasoning with salt and pepper to taste. Stir to and cook for 7-8 minutes until nicely browned.
- Add the onions, garlic and rosemary to the mushrooms, cooking for 3-4 minutes longer until the onions have softened. Sprinkle in the remaining tablespoon of flour and stir into the mushrooms for 1 minute.
- Carefully pour in the marsala wine to deglaze the pan, scraping up any brown bits from the bottom of the skillet. Bring to a boil while whisking to prevent lumps from the flour, then let the marsala reduce for 1-2 minutes until it’s almost evaporated.
- Pour in the chicken broth and cream then stir or whisk to combine.
- Add the chicken breasts and any juices from the plate to the skillet, bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
- Taste the sauce for seasonings, adjust with more salt and pepper if needed and serve with chopped parsley for garnish.
• The sauce will thicken more as it cools
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: recipe for chicken marsala, chicken marsala recipe, easy chicken breast recipe, easy chicken marsala, creamy chicken marsala, how to make chicken marsala