This recipe for Creamy Chicken Marsala is so easy to make and tastes like it came from a fancy restaurant! Everyone will love the tender chicken and deliciously creamy mushroom sauce that’s full of authentic Italian flavor!
- 2 pounds chicken breast, cut in half lengthwise if thick
- Kosher salt and fresh black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup flour, plus 1 tablespoon, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 10 ounces button mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped rosemary
- 1/2 cup marsala wine
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- Start by seasoning both sides of the chicken breasts generously on both sides with salt, pepper and the garlic powder.
- Add the 1/2 cup of flour to a shallow plate or a resealable bag and coat the chicken completely, shaking off the excess flour.
- Add the olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat then add the chicken breasts in a single layer to brown. Cook for 4-5 minutes on each side until nicely browned, then remove to a plate and cover with foil.
- Add the butter to the same skillet, then add the mushrooms, seasoning with salt and pepper to taste. Stir to and cook for 7-8 minutes until nicely browned.
- Add the onions, garlic and rosemary to the mushrooms, cooking for 3-4 minutes longer until the onions have softened. Sprinkle in the remaining tablespoon of flour and stir into the mushrooms for 1 minute.
- Carefully pour in the marsala wine to deglaze the pan, scraping up any brown bits from the bottom of the skillet. Bring to a boil while whisking to prevent lumps from the flour, then let the marsala reduce for 1-2 minutes until it’s almost evaporated.
- Pour in the chicken broth and cream then stir or whisk to combine.
- Add the chicken breasts and any juices from the plate to the skillet, bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
- Taste the sauce for seasonings, adjust with more salt and pepper if needed and serve with chopped parsley for garnish.
• The sauce will thicken more as it cools
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: recipe for chicken marsala, chicken marsala recipe, easy chicken breast recipe, easy chicken marsala, creamy chicken marsala, how to make chicken marsala