These BBQ Boneless Chicken Thighs are so tender and juicy! You can cook these chicken thighs in the oven or on the grill in just 30 minutes!
Nothing keeps us away from making chicken, absolutely every week. These chicken thighs can be oven baked or grilled, with a few simple seasonings and your favorite barbecue sauce!
Barbecue Boneless Chicken Thigh Recipe
Chicken thighs are just so much more juicy and tender than chicken breasts, am I right??? These BBQ Boneless Chicken Thighs are one of our favorite ways to meal prep or just for an easy, delicious dinner.
You can make this chicken thigh recipe in the oven or on the grill, whichever you prefer. Both ways are going to make the most tender, juicy chicken thighs you’ve ever tasted!
How To Cook Chicken Thighs In The Oven
Start with a few simple seasonings, we have garlic powder, cumin, paprika and of course salt and pepper. Generously season the chicken thighs, place them on a aluminum foil lined baking sheet and get them in the oven at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
Since we are using boneless chicken thighs, the cooking time is going to be a lot less than if we were using bone in chicken thighs. You only need about 30 minutes in the oven total, but we’re going to take these chicken thighs out after 20 minutes to baste them with barbecue sauce.
After basting, place the chicken back into the oven for another 10 minutes to finish cooking the chicken though.
How To Cook Chicken Thighs On The Grill
Like we mentioned before, you can make these BBQ Boneless Chicken Thighs on the grill, too! Just season the chicken thighs and place them top side down on a hot grill (375 – 400 degrees) for 5 minutes.
Flip the chicken over and cook another 5-6 minutes and then baste the chicken with barbecue sauce. Cover and let the sauce set for another 3-4 minutes and then remove the chicken from the grill. Cover with foil and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
What Temperature Should Chicken Thighs Be Cooked To?
Chicken thighs should be cooked to an internal temperature of 165 degrees. This can be easily tested with a meat thermometer, so make sure that you do check your chicken before serving.
The meat should be white, without any pink color to it but still juicy, not dried out. Using a meat thermometer will help get the chicken thighs to the right temperature without over cooking them.
What Sides Are Best For Chicken?
Whether you’re looking for carb loaded side dishes or some more low carb options, we’ve got a ton of ideas here for you!
- Classic Potato Salad
- Creamy Cole Slaw
- Corn on the Cob
- Loaded Baked Beans
- Parmesan Bacon Orzo
- Garlic Roasted Broccoli
- Twice Baked Potatoes
- Baked Macaroni and Cheese
And so many more! Head over to our Side Dish Menu for so many more recipes!
Can You Make This Recipe With Chicken Breasts?
Absolutely! We find that chicken thighs have a little more flavor and are juicier, but yes, boneless skinless chicken breasts will work too! Again, using a meat thermometer will help you get the chicken cooked to the right temperature without drying it out.
Looking For More Chicken Recipes?
- Chicken Milanese
- Easy Chicken Spaghetti
- Slow Cooker Taco Chicken
- Crock Pot Root Beer Chicken
- Our Favorite Chicken Marinade
BBQ Boneless Chicken Thighs
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
These BBQ Boneless Chicken Thighs are ready in just 30 minutes! Super tender and juicy, you can cook these chicken thighs in the oven or right on the grill!
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- Kosher salt
- Fresh black
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce, plus extra for serving
- Olive oil cooking spray
For The Oven:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Season the chicken thighs generously with salt and pepper. Combine the garlic powder, paprika and cumin in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle the seasoning mixture on the tops of the chicken thighs and then place on an aluminum foil lined baking sheet. *(you might not need all of the spice rub) Spray the tops of the chicken thighs with olive oil cooking spray.
- Bake for 20 minutes, remove from the oven and baste generously with barbecue sauce. Place back into the oven for 10 minutes and then remove the chicken to a platter and tent with foil for 5 minutes to rest.
- Slice the chicken thighs into strips and serve.
For The Grill:
- Preheat the grill to a medium high heat, about 375-400 degrees. Season the chicken generously with salt and pepper and then rub the seasoning mixture on the tops of the chicken thighs.
- Place the chicken thighs on the grill, top side down and cook for 5 minutes. Turn the thighs over and cook for another 5 minutes. Baste the chicken thighs generously with barbecue sauce, close the lid and cook another 3-4 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce is set.
- Remove the chicken from the grill and place on a large plate or platter. Tent with aluminum foil and let the chicken thighs rest for 5 minutes.
- Slice the chicken and serve.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven / Grill
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mantitlement, chicken thigh recipes, boneless chicken thighs, oven baked chicken, grilled chicken, bbq chicken recipes, barbecue chicken recipes