These Honey BBQ Chicken Kabobs are easy to make and full of flavor! This easy chicken recipe starts with a honey barbecue marinade that doubles as a sauce!
An Easy Chicken Recipe For Dinner or Parties
There’s something about food on a stick, right? It makes dinner more fun, feel more like a party or just a fun night. But there’s also something else about kabobs…they totally make food taste better. We like serving these Honey BBQ Chicken Kabobs for a family dinner at home or for parties and BBQ’s!
The chicken can marinate overnight and then placed onto skewers before hand, then all you need to do is get them on the grill!
How To Make Honey BBQ Chicken Kabobs
The marinade for these chicken kabobs is just a few basic but flavorful ingredients. BBQ sauce, honey, soy sauce, a few seasonings and chicken broth.
Get your chicken cubed up and into a plastic bag or a baking dish. Pour the marinade all over and let it sit in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours. Overnight is always good, but at least a few hours to get the best flavor.
Then you can put the chicken onto your skewers and get your grill ready. What you have to be careful about with these Honey BBQ Chicken Kabobs is that the honey and BBQ sauce can burn on the grill so you want to grill these low and slow.
While the chicken is grilling, pour the marinade into a pot and set it over medium heat on your stove. You need to boil the marinade for a good 15 minutes to kill any bacteria from the chicken and also to thicken it.
Brush the sauce all over the kabobs and get ready for the best chicken dinner ever!
Looking For More Easy Chicken Recipes?
- Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Dry Rub BBQ Chicken Wings
- Chicken Francese
- Asian Baked Chicken Legs
- Easy, Creamy Chicken Marsala
These sweet and sticky Chicken Kabobs are a healthy and delicious dinner for the whole family!
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional, depending on if your BBQ sauce already has some heat to it)
- Wooden or metal skewers
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces and set aside.
- Mix all the ingredients for the marinade in a glass baking dish and then add the cubed chicken, tossing to coat.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let marinade in the refrigerator for 4 hours or up to overnight.
- Heat your grill to a medium-low heat, between 325º and 350º. Thread the chicken pieces on skewers, as many as will fit on a stick.
- Lightly oil your grill so the kabobs don’t stick and grill for 20 minutes, turning often as they cook so the marinade doesn’t burn.
- While the kabobs are on the grill pour the marinade into a saucepan and bring to a boil. Turn it down to a simmer and let reduce for 15 minutes.
- When the chicken is done, remove the kabobs to a board and brush on the sauce.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: American
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine.