Air Fryer Asparagus is cooked perfectly crisp and tender, and only takes a few minutes in the air fryer. An easy way to cook a vegetables side dish and free up your oven space!
- 1 pound asparagus
- Olive oil spray, or regular olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Fresh black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Lemon slices for garnish
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees if needed.
- Start by trimming the asparagus. Grab onto both ends of the asparagus stalk and gently bend in half so that the stalk breaks naturally. Place that stalk down on your board and line up the rest of the asparagus next to it. Trim the asparagus following the stalk that is broken, that will give you a guide for cutting the rest.
- Season the asparagus with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Spray the asparagus with an olive oil spray, or toss with 1-2 teaspoons of olive oil. Place the asparagus into your air fryer in a single layer. It’s ok if some stalks overlap slightly, just get them in as evenly as possible.
- Air fry the asparagus for 5 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through. The asparagus will keep cooking slightly after you remove it from the air fryer, but make sure it’s as tender as you like it to be. We like our asparagus tender, but still fairly crisp.
- Garnish the asparagus with the grated parmesan cheese and a squeeze of lemon if desired.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American