These Tequila Shrimp Quesadillas taste like they came from your favorite Tex-Mex restaurant! Tequila marinated shrimp with tons of gooey cheese to hold them all together!
A Delicious Shrimp Quesadilla Recipe
These Tequila Shrimp Quesadillas are not only super easy to make, but your family will literally cheer when you put them on the dinner table. Quesadillas are such a fun food to begin with, then you add some tequila marinated shrimp and tons of gooey cheese and well, you’ve got a party.
You can start with frozen or fresh, peeled and deveined shrimp to make this quesadilla recipe easy. Next, marinate the shrimp in a delicious tequila and lime marinade and you’re just about there. After the shrimp has marinated it only takes about 15 minutes to get these shrimp quesadillas on the table!
How To Make Shrimp Quesadillas
First of all, you can use your favorite tequila here. No need to go and get anything special. And if you don’t drink tequila just grab a couple of those small airplane bottles to make this shrimp marinade.
Remove the shrimp from the marinade and then dry them off well with paper towels. Add a little olive oil to a skillet and cook the shrimp for 2-3 minutes on each side until cooked through. Remove the shrimp from the skillet, wipe out the skillet and then start to assemble the quesadillas.
Add more oil or cooking spray to the skillet and then add your first a tortilla. Cover the tortilla with a layer of monterey jack cheese and then pile on the cooked shrimp. We like to add about 10-12 shrimp on each quesadilla so you get some shrimp in every bite!
Now it’s time to add that second layer of cheese. This one is a Mexican blend, but you can use cheddar or pepper jack or any other good melting cheese that you like. Now cover the top with another flour tortilla and press down with a plate.
Pressing down with a plate or some sort of weight will get a nice, golden brown sear on the tortillas but it also helps to press the quesadilla together to so that it doesn’t fall apart. After 3-4 minutes, when the bottom tortilla is nice and brown, flip the quesadilla over to the other side, again, pressing down with a plate. Cook the quesadilla for another 3-4 minutes until the other side is brown.
Topping Ideas For Quesadillas
I can pretty much guarantee you that you’ll be eating at least one or two wedges of these Tequila Shrimp Quesadillas just as is. This quesadilla recipe has it all, perfectly marinated shrimp, tons of cheese and just a hint of fresh cilantro.
But toppings are plentiful on our dinner table, too! Here are a few of our favorites:
How Do You Reheat Quesadillas So They Are Crispy?
Need to make a bunch of these shrimp quesadillas ahead of time? Or just need to reheat a few leftovers? We’ve got you covered. Our kids will heat leftovers right in the microwave, but it doesn’t make for a crispy tortilla crust.
The best way to reheat quesadillas is to place them on a baking sheet in a 400 degree oven for about 5-7 minutes or until they’re warmed through. You can also use a skillet to reheat these with a little oil or non stick cooking spray.
So if you love these Tequila Shrimp Quesadillas, we’ve got a few more quesadilla recipes for you to try!
Looking For More Quesadilla Recipes?
- Sausage & Pepper Quesadillas
- Chicken Enchilada Quesadillas
- Korean Beef Quesadillas
- Bacon Cheeseburger Quesadillas
- Meatball Pizza Quesadillas
- Leftover Thanksgiving Quesadillas
Tequila Shrimp Quesadillas are the most epic party food! Tequila and lime marinated shrimp tucked between two layers of gooey cheese!
For The Shrimp:
- 1 1/2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
For The Quesadillas:
- 8 taco size flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups Mexican blend shredded cheese
- Fresh cilantro leaves
- Olive oil
- Whisk the ingredients together for the marinade in a bowl. Add the shrimp, toss in the marinade and refrigerate for 4-6 hours. Remove the shrimp from the marinade and dry off with paper towels.
- Add a little oil or non-stick cooking spray to a medium skillet. Add the shrimp and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until the shrimp is opaque and cooked through. remove the shrimp from the skillet and cover to keep warm. Wipe the skillet out with paper towels and return the pan to the heat.
- Add a little more oil to the skillet and then place a flour tortilla in the center of the pan. Add 1/3 cup of the monterey jack cheese, spreading to the edges of the tortilla. Place about 10 shrimp on top of the cheese and then add a 1/2 cup of the Mexican blend cheese on top of the shrimp, along with a few leaves of fresh cilantro if desired. Cover with another flour tortilla and press down with a plate. Cook the quesadilla for 3-4 minutes until the bottom tortilla is brown and crispy. Flip the quesadilla over, press down with the plate and cook another 3-4 minutes until the other side is brown and crispy. Slide the quesadilla out of the skillet and onto a board. Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 4 quesadillas.
- Cut the quesadillas into wedges and serve with desired toppings.
You can keep the cooked quesadillas warm in a 325 degree oven until ready to serve!
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American / Tex-Mex
Keywords: mantitlement, shrimp quesadillas, tex-mex recipes, seafood recipes, easy shrimp recipes, tequila shrimp