These Chicken Enchilada Quesadillas are so easy to make, and our family loves them! Use leftover chicken or grab a rotisserie chicken to make this dinner easy!
An Easy Quesadilla Recipe For Appetizers or Dinner!
We love these chicken quesadillas so much, we make the all the time. If you have leftover chicken in the fridge, this is a perfect and tasty way to use it up! But you can also grab a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store if you don’t have any leftovers.
Store bought enchilada sauce is something that we didn’t use to buy, until we found a couple of brands that actually tasted really good. And for a recipe like these Chicken Enchilada Quesadillas, store bought is the way to go. Unless of course you have some homemade enchilada sauce hanging around then by all means use that.
How Do You Make Chicken Quesadillas?
Start by making an assembly station with the cheese, chicken, enchilada sauce and the tortillas. Add enchilada sauce, shredded chicken and cheese to one tortilla.
Next, spray a large skillet with cooking spray and place in the bottom layer of your assembled quesadilla.
Put in some more cheese and then top with the second tortilla. Then spray the top of the tortilla with cooking spray and cook for 3-4 minutes. Flip the quesadilla over and let it brown on the other side.
Remove to a cutting board and repeat with the remaining quesadillas. You’ll end up with 4 large quesadillas that you can cut into quarters to feed 8 people for dinner. If you’re serving these chicken quesadillas for appetizers you’ll get a few more servings out of that, and you can also cut the quesadillas into smaller wedges for appetizer servings.
What Other Ingredients Can I Add To These Quesadillas?
These Chicken Enchilada Quesadillas are one of those recipes that you can use to “clean out the fridge”! You can pretty much add anything you like to these, but we’ll also give you a few ideas!
- Black Beans
- Sliced Peppers
- Diced Tomatoes
- Chopped Broccoli
- Also try topping or serving these quesadillas with sour cream, Homemade Guacamole, salsa or Fresh Pico de Gallo and even cheese queso!
Looking For More Quesadilla Recipes?
- Tequila Shrimp Quesadillas
- Bacon Cheeseburger Quesadillas
- Korean Beef Quesadillas
- Sausage & Pepper Quesadillas
- Meatball Pizza Quesadillas
These chicken quesadillas are a family favorite! A quick, easy dinner recipe that can be made with leftover chicken or a rotisserie chicken from the store!
- 4 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese
- 8 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 2 cups enchilada sauce
- Cooking spray
- Combine the shredded cheeses together, then separate into 4 even piles for each quesadilla. Divide the shredded chicken into four piles as well.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Place one tortilla on a cutting board, spread about 3 tablespoons of the enchilada sauce over the tortilla.
- Take half of one of the portions of cheese to spread over the enchilada sauce. Then add one portion of the chicken, spreading out evenly over the surface. Add the other half of your portion of cheese to the top of the chicken and then transfer to your hot skillet, sprayed with cooking spray.
- Place the second tortilla on top and flatten with your hand. Spray the top of the tortilla with cooking spray and place a plate on top to weigh down the quesadilla as it cooks. Cook for 3-4 minutes, then flip to the other side and cook another 3-4 minutes until brown.
- Remove to a cutting board and repeat to make the other 3 quesadillas.
- Serving Size: 4
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chicken quesadilla recipe, quesadilla recipe, rotisserie chicken recipes, game day food, leftover chicken recipe