This Korean Beef Quesadilla Recipe is filled with a sweet and mildly spicy ground beef filling! A tasty twist on a beef quesadilla recipe that kids and adults will love!
When appetizers are so good that they turn into dinner, you know that everyone is going to want the recipe! Also be sure to check out our Puff Pastry Pizza Pockets and these Bacon Ranch Chicken Crescent Rolls, that can both be served for apps or for dinner!
A Ground Beef Quesadilla Recipe With A Twist!
We’re big fans of quesadillas in my house. Any ingredients that we can take and stuff into a couple flour tortillas with some sort of cheese…quesadillas.
The kids always seem to like the basics – chicken and cheese quesadillas, which we do love too. Shredded chicken and cheddar cheese quesadillas that they can dip into guacamole and salsa. And for the little guy, sour cream. I swear the quesadilla is just like a spoon for him to get that sour cream into his mouth.
I like the chicken and cheese quesadillas too…but Christie and I like to add caramelized onions or peppers, or both. But just one bite of this Korean Beef Quesadilla Recipe and you’re going to be sold. Sweet Korean flavored beef, mozzarella cheese and scallions. So simple and so delicious!
Hot To Make Korean Beef Quesadillas
To make the Korean beef filling, start by browning the ground beef in a large skillet. Make the sauce by combining brown sugar, soy sauce, fresh ginger, sesame seeds and a pinch of red pepper flakes.
If you want to stop right there…serve that over rice and you have one of my kids favorite dinners. I’m telling you, no like, this beef filling is so delicious, it’s really a whole meal in itself. Add some steamed broccoli on the side and dinner is done!
But we’re taking it one step further today, so grab yourself a couple of tortillas and get your pan ready! Wipe out the same skillet you made the beef in (or grab another clean skillet) and heat it up again with another coating of cooking spray.
Place in one of the flour tortillas and then add an even layer of the beef. Next cover the beef with a good amount of shredded mozzarella and scallions.
Place another tortilla on top and press down with a large dinner plate. Check the bottom with a spatula after a few minutes to see if it’s brown. If it is – it’s time to flip. Spray the top of the tortilla before flipping so it also gets crispy and brown.
Cook on the second side until it gets just as brown and crispy as the first side. Slide it out to a cutting board to cool while you make the other three quesadillas. These Korean Beef Quesadillas are a favorite family dinner in my house but they’d also make awesome appetizers cut up into smaller wedges.
Can I Make These Beef Quesadilla Recipe With Ground Turkey Or Chicken Instead?
Definitely! Both ground chicken or ground turkey would work just fine in this recipe. It’s totally up to you and what you have one hand.
Looking For More Enchilada Recipes?
- Chicken Enchilada Quesadillas
- Bacon Cheeseburger Quesadillas
- Sausage & Pepper Quesadillas
- Meatball Pizza Quesadillas
These super flavorful beef and cheese quesadillas can be served as appetizers or a fun dinner!
- 8 large flour tortillas
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella
- 6 scallions, chopped
- Brown the beef in a large skillet sprayed with cooking spray.
- While the meat is browning, make the sauce by adding the brown sugar, soy sauce, garlic, sesame seeds, ginger and red pepper flakes to a small bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Drain any drippings from the pan if needed, then pour the sauce to the skillet, stir and cook for 5 minutes over low heat.
- In a clean skillet, add another coating of cooking spray and lay one tortilla down in the center of the skillet. Add an even layer of beef (about 3/4 cup) then cover with 3/4 c. mozzarella and then 2 T. scallions.
- Top with another tortilla and press down with a dinner plate.
- After 3 minutes check the bottom tortilla to see if its browned. If it is then flip over to the other side and cook another 3 minutes until brown.
- Transfer to a cutting board to cool while you make the other 3 quesadillas. Cut each quesadillas into fourths and serve. You’ll have 8 large wedges, but you can also cut those in half and have 16 wedges for appetizers.
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: quesadillas recipe, korean beef,, appetizer recipes, dinner recipes, dinner ideas, ground beef recipes