These Korean Beef Quesadillas are loaded with a flavorful beef filling stuffed with lots of cheese! Serve these quesadillas for a fun dinner or appetizers!
A Seasoned Beef Quesadilla Recipe For Appetizers or Dinner
We’re big fans of quesadillas in my house. Any ingredients that we can take and stuff into a couple flour tortillas with some sort of cheese…quesadillas.
The kids always seem to like the basics – chicken and cheese. Shredded chicken and cheddar cheese quesadillas that they can dip into guacamole and salsa. And for the little guy, sour cream. I swear the quesadilla is just like a spoon for him to get that sour cream into his mouth.
I like the chicken and cheese quesadillas too…but Christie and I like to add caramelized onions or peppers, or both.
But one bite of these Korean Beef Quesadillas and you’re going to be sold. Sweet Korean flavored beef, mozzarella cheese and scallions. So simple and so delicious!
Hot To Make Korean Beef Quesadillas
To make the Korean beef just brown ground beef in a large skillet and add a sauce made from brown sugar, soy sauce, fresh ginger, sesame seeds and a pinch of red pepper flakes. I like to crush my sesame seeds up first before I add them to the sauce but adding them whole is totally fine.
If you want to stop right there…serve that over rice and you have one of my kids favorite dinners.
But we’re taking it one step further today so grab yourself a couple of quesadillas and get your pan ready…wipe out the same skillet you made the beef in (or grab another clean skillet) and heat it up again with another coating of cooking spray.
Place in one of the flour tortillas and then add an even layer of the beef. The cover the beef with a good layer of shredded mozzarella and scallions.
Place another tortilla on top and press down with a large dinner plate. Check the bottom with a spatula after a few minutes to see if it’s brown. If it is – it’s time to flip.
Cook on the second side until it gets just as brown and crispy as the first side. Slide it out to a cutting board to cool while you make the other three quesadillas. These Korean Beef Quesadillas are a favorite family dinner in my house but they’d also make awesome appetizers cut up into smaller wedges.
Looking For More Enchilada Recipes?
- Chicken Enchilada Quesadillas
- Bacon Cheeseburger Quesadillas
- Sausage & Pepper Quesadillas
- Meatball Pizza Quesadillas
These super flavorful beef and cheese quesadillas can be served as appetizers or a fun dinner!
- 8 large flour tortillas
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella
- 6 scallions, chopped
- Brown the beef in a large skillet sprayed with cooking spray.
- While the meat is browning, make the sauce by adding the brown sugar, soy sauce, garlic, sesame seeds, ginger and red pepper flakes to a small bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Drain any drippings from the pan if needed, then pour the sauce to the skillet, stir and cook for 5 minutes over low heat.
- In a clean skillet, add another coating of cooking spray and lay one tortilla down in the center of the skillet. Add an even layer of beef (about 3/4 cup) then cover with 3/4 c. mozzarella and then 2 T. scallions.
- Top with another tortilla and press down with a dinner plate.
- After 3 minutes check the bottom tortilla to see if its browned. If it is then flip over to the other side and cook another 3 minutes until brown.
- Transfer to a cutting board to cool while you make the other 3 quesadillas. Cut each quesadillas into fourths and serve. You’ll have 8 large wedges, but you can also cut those in half and have 16 wedges for appetizers.
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: quesadillas recipe, korean beef,, appetizer recipes, dinner recipes, dinner ideas, ground beef recipes