These super flavorful beef and cheese quesadillas can be served as appetizers or a fun dinner!
- 8 large flour tortillas
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella
- 6 scallions, chopped
- Brown the beef in a large skillet sprayed with cooking spray.
- While the meat is browning, make the sauce by adding the brown sugar, soy sauce, garlic, sesame seeds, ginger and red pepper flakes to a small bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Drain any drippings from the pan if needed, then pour the sauce to the skillet, stir and cook for 5 minutes over low heat.
- In a clean skillet, add another coating of cooking spray and lay one tortilla down in the center of the skillet. Add an even layer of beef (about 3/4 cup) then cover with 3/4 c. mozzarella and then 2 T. scallions.
- Top with another tortilla and press down with a dinner plate.
- After 3 minutes check the bottom tortilla to see if its browned. If it is then flip over to the other side and cook another 3 minutes until brown.
- Transfer to a cutting board to cool while you make the other 3 quesadillas. Cut each quesadillas into fourths and serve. You’ll have 8 large wedges, but you can also cut those in half and have 16 wedges for appetizers.
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: quesadillas recipe, korean beef,, appetizer recipes, dinner recipes, dinner ideas, ground beef recipes