Sausage and Pepper Quesadillas are filled with caramelized onions, cheese and tons of sausage! There’s nothing better for dinner or appetizers than quesadillas!
Sausage and Peppers Quesadilla Recipe
Quesadillas are always a huge hit for dinner or appetizers at a party. You can pretty much get anything you’ve got in your fridge tucked inside a couple tortillas and load on some cheese and you’re all good.
But I’ve got to tell you, these Sausage and Pepper Quesadillas are way up on the list – if you’re a fan of sausage and pepper sandwiches then you’ve got to try these out!
The key to this sausage and pepper filling is the marsala wine. Whenever we make sausage and peppers at home we add in lots of marsala. Not the cooking kind that you can buy at the grocery store, but good marsala wine – sweet or dry – it depends on what you like.
But seriously, it only costs about 8 bucks for a bottle at the liquor store. It’s definitely worth it…and you know you’re there anyway so…
How To Make Sausage and Peppers Quesadillas
Brown up a pound of sausage in a skillet, then take the sausage out of the pan but leave the fat – we’re going to cook up the peppers and onions in that.
Get the peppers and onions in the same skillet and let them cook down for a good 10 minutes or so until they’re nice and soft. Then it’s time to pour in that marsala wine.
Add that to the bowl with the sausage and mix it all together. That’s your sausage and pepper filling – try to stop eating it right from the skillet. Really. Try not to because it’s going to make the best quesadillas ever…
Using the same skillet, place in one flour tortilla over medium heat. Pile on the sausage and pepper filling and tons of cheese, then place another tortilla on top.
Press down with a dinner plate and let it brown for 3-4 minutes on that side…then carefully flip over to the other side and let brown another few minutes until nice and crispy.
Remove the quesadilla to a cutting board and repeat. You’ll get about 5 large quesadillas with this recipe. So either you’re going to serve 5 really hungry people for dinner or about 6-8 normal people.
For appetizers cut into 6 pieces instead of four, the Sausage and Pepper Quesadillas will feed a crowd!
Looking For More Quesadilla Recipes?
- Tequila Shrimp Quesadillas
- Chicken Enchilada Quesadillas
- Korean Beef Quesadillas
- Bacon Cheeseburger Quesadillas
These cheesy Sausage and Peppers Quesadillas are a tasty party appetizer! We also love making these quesadillas for an easy weeknight dinner.
- 1 lb. Italian Sausage
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 4 bell peppers, chopped, any color
- 1 large onion, diced
- (10) 10″ flour tortillas
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup marsala wine
- Add the olive oil to a large skillet and brown the sausage until cooked though.
- Remove the sausage to a bowl and return the skillet to the stove, leaving any fat that has accumulated in the pan.
- Add the onions, peppers, garlic powder and oregano to the pan and cook for 10 minutes until the onions and peppers are very soft.
- Deglaze the pan with the marsala wine and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add the peppers and onion mixture to the bowl with the sausage and mix to combine.
- In the same skillet, add one flour tortilla over medium heat and layer on one cup of the sausage filling topped with a cup of cheese. Top with another tortilla and press down with a plate.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes until brown and then flip the quesadilla over to the other side for another 3-4 minutes.
- Remove to a cutting board and repeat with the remaining quesadillas.
- Cut into 4 or 6 pieces to serve.
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mantitlement, quesadilla recipe, sausage and peppers, kid approved food, easy recipes