Sausage Picadillo Sliders are the perfect burgers to grill up at your next party! These party sliders are made with sausage and chopped olives!
A Sausage Slider Recipe For Appetizers Or Dinner!
Not only do these sliders taste amazing, but they’re so easy to make you won’t believe it. I made this recipe up after I had picadillo the other night for dinner – never had it before. Add it to the list of things I’m definitely making again.
The version we made was a a slow cooker recipe which makes everything taste better, but I wanted to have the same flavors – faster.
Besides grilling brats and beer you could totally throw these Sausage Picadillo Sliders on that grill and serve the whole crowd. I sized my recipe down for a normal size family but all you need to do is double up the amounts and make as many as you want.
How To Make Sausage Picadillo Sliders
We’re starting with some basic ingredients here. Sausage, green olives, mozzarella cheese and tomato sauce. Start by making a simple, seasoned tomato sauce by adding cumin, cinnamon, garlic powder and salt together and simmering for about 15 minutes.
Mix together the chopped olives with the sausage and cook on a grill or in a skillet for about 5 minutes on each side.
Add mozzarella cheese to the top and spoon on the Picadilllo flavored tomato sauce. Pile onto slider buns and serve! These Sausage Picadillo Sliders are so fun for parties, you can make a huge platter of these sliders in no time at all!
We also like making these for an easy dinner night at home. Our boys love the spicy sausage and olive flavors together, and the simple tomato sauce has such a unique flavor, you really have to try it!
What Can I Serve With Sausage Sliders?
There are SO many side dish options here, we’ll give you a few of our favorites but head over to our Side Dish Menu and check out the whole list!Print
These tasty sliders are made with Italian sausage and chopped olives, just like a Picadillo recipe except on a bun!
- 1 lb. Italian Sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped green olives
- 28 oz. tomato sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 slices mozzarella cheese
- Slider Buns
- Mix the sausage together with the chopped olives and form (5) 3 oz. patties.
- Meanwhile in a saucepan, combine the tomato sauce with the cinnamon, garlic powder, cumin and salt and simmer for 15 minutes over medium heat.
- Heat up a large skillet and spray with non-stick cooking spray. You can also cook these on the grill or a grill pan.
- Cook the sliders for 4 minutes on one side and then flip for another 3 on the other side.
- Place a slice of mozzarella cheese on each slider then place the lid on the skillet to melt the cheese.
- Put each slider onto a bun, spoon some of the tomato sauce on and then the top of the bun.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: sausage sliders, recipes with sausage, picadillo, appetizer recipes, dinner ideas, slider recipes
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Johnsonville. The opinions and text are all mine.