Enjoy a delicious twist on a classic game day favorite with these Buffalo Chicken Sliders! These chicken sliders are packed with juicy chicken, tangy buffalo sauce, and creamy Ranch dressing. Baked to perfection on golden, buttery slider buns for a perfect bite. These sliders will be the hit of your next party or game day!
The BEST Buffalo Chicken Sliders
When you’re looking for an easy recipe that feeds a crowd, these Buffalo Chicken Sliders are the way to go. So addicting with a creamy, mildy spicy chicken filling, nestled between layers of mozzarella cheese.
This Hawaiian roll slider recipe takes just minutes to put together, and let me tell you, the crowd will go wild. Just like your favorite buffalo chicken dip served on a buttery, fluffy slider bun.
How To Make Buffalo Chicken Sliders
Honestly, just a few ingredients and a few minutes of prep is all you’re going to need to get the sliders into the oven!
- King’s Hawaiian Rolls: These rolls are slightly sweet, and we love using them to make all sorts of slider recipes. However, you can use any type of slide bun here that you like.
- Shredded, cooked chicken or a rotisserie chicken: If you have leftover chicken, fabulous. If not, gran a rotisserie chicken from the store!
- Buffalo Wing Sauce: We like using Sweet Baby Rays because it’s a milder sauce, making these sliders appropriate for everyone. Whoever likes a little more spice can add hot sauce to their own.
- Ranch Dressing: Since we’re not huge blue cheese fans at our house, we use Ranch dressing right from the bottle. You can make your own ranch dressing too, or swap out blue cheese dressing if that’s your jam.
- Mozzarella Cheese: Mozzarella cheese is our go to for these buffalo chicken sliders, but you can also use provolone or Monterey jack, or a combo of them all.
- Butter/Italian Seasoning/Garlic Powder: Melt butter and then stir in easonings to make the buttery topping that bakes on top of these sliders.
Assembling The Sliders
- Start by cutting the slider buns lengthwise, so you have a bottom layer and a top layer. Place the bottoms onto a parchment lined or aluminum foil lined baking sheet. You can also use a glass baking dish that’s large enough to hold the buns.
- Add half of the mozzarella cheese to the bottoms of the slider buns, followed by the chicken filling. To make the chicken filling, mix the shredded chicken in a bowl with the buffalo wing sauce, Ranch and seasonings.
- Add the remaining mozzarella cheese to the top of the chicken mixture, followed by the tops of the buns.
- Brush the melted butter on the tops of the sliders and bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes. We like to cover the sliders loosely with foil for the first 15 and then remove the foil for that last 10.
What Can I Serve With These Sliders?
Pretty much any side dish that you like. If you’re trying to keep it really simple, just some chips or pretzels will go perfectly. A platter of carrot and celery sticks with more Ranch or blue cheese dressing on the side is always a hit, too!
- Coleslaw (for adding into the sliders or on the side)
- Potato Salad
- Steak Fries
- Air Fryer Baby Potatoes
- Corn on the Cob on the Grill OR Oven Roasted Corn on the Cob
- Tuna Pasta Salad
- Devilish Pasta Salad (keeping with the buffalo chicken theme!)
Can I Make Buffalo Chicken Sliders Ahead Of Time?
While these chicken sliders are better served when fresh out of the oven, you can prepare them ahead of time to make the assembly fast.
Mix up the chicken mixture and store it in the refrigerator. Shred the mozzarella cheese, we do prefer shredding the cheese from a whole block, it really is better. In a pinch though, store bought shredded mozzarella is fine, also.
Place 4 tablespoons of butter into a small dish along with the Italian seasoning and garlic powder, keep at room temperature or in the fridge.
When it’s time to assemble the sliders, just melt the butter and stir in the spices. Layer the cheese and chicken mixture on the sliders, brush with the butter and bake!
Looking For More Slider Recipes?
- Crab Salad Sliders
- French Dip Sliders
- Big Mac Sliders
- Bang Bang Chicken Sliders
- Chorizo Shrimp Sliders
These Buffalo Chicken Sliders are unbelievably addicting! An easy recipe that feeds a crowd, no one can resist these buttery, cheesy chicken sliders!
- 4 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce
- 1/2 cup Ranch
- 2 packages (12 count each) Hawaiian slider rolls
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
For The Butter Topping:
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Add the chicken to a bowl along with the garlic powder, salt and pepper. Pour in the buffalo wing sauce and Ranch dressing and stir to combine.
- Slice both packs of the slider buns in half lengthwise. Place the bottom halves of the buns on a parchment lined baking sheet so that both halves are touching, making one large rectangle.
- Divide the mozzarella cheese in half and spread the first half onto the bottom slider buns. Spread the chicken mixture on top of the cheese, followed by the remaining mozzarella cheese. Place the top of the slider buns on top.
- Melt the butter and then stir in the Italian seasoning and garlic powder. Brush the butter over the tops of the slider buns and then cover them loosely with aluminum foil. Bake for 15 minutes, remove the foil and bake another 10 until the tops of the buns are golden brown.
- Serve immediately.
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mantitlement, easy chicken recipes, slider recipes, chicken sliders, buffalo chicken sliders, game day food, party food