These Bang Bang Chicken Sliders are a super fun party food idea! Crispy fried chicken cutlets topped with mozzarella cheese and drizzled with sweet & spicy bang bang sauce!
Addicting Chicken Slider Recipe
Just throw out a platter of these addicting chicken sliders at your next party and see what happens. Crispy chicken cutlets, topped with mozzarella cheese and dripping with sauce. Get the napkins ready!
These Bang Bang Chicken Sliders start out by lightly pan frying chicken cutlets and stacking them onto slider buns with mozzarella cheese. Pour on homemade bang bang sauce and let it drip all over. These are messy, tasty sliders and sometimes messy is just the best.
What Is Bang Bang Sauce?
Bang Bang Sauce is a mayonnaise based sauce made with sriracha, sweet chili sauce and honey. There are, of course, many different versions of this delicious condiment, but this is the one that we like best.
You can use bang bang sauce on sandwiches, hamburgers (check out our Bang Bang Burger Recipe) or on fish like with these crispy Fish Nuggets. Spic up the sauce as much as you like, or keep it pretty mild like we have here so that the heat level is suitable for everyone.
How To Make Crispy Chicken Cutlets
Happen to have some our our famous Flat Chicken leftover? That would work perfectly for these chicken sliders! Just skip the process for frying the chicken in this recipe and use them instead.
But for this recipe, we start by lightly pan frying chicken cutlets in canola oil, vegetable oil or avocado oil. Olive oil isn’t the best option for frying because it doesn’t have a high smoke point. And as we know, we need the oil nice and hot to get fried foods crispy instead of greasy.
Another trick to frying without making foods greasy is to have your oil at the right temperature. Frying the cutlets quickly instead of sitting in oil that isn’t up to temperature ensures this result. Grabbing thin sliced chicken breasts helps this process along, too.
Alternately, you can use a regular chicken breast for a thicker piece of fried chicken, we just like the thin and crispy situation going on here.
Can You Use An Air Fryer To Make These Chicken Cutlets?
Yep, you can use your air fryer too! Check out this Turkey Cutlets recipe for instructions on how to do that. There’s even instructions for oven baking the cutlets to get them super crispy.
I have found that all air fryers cook a little differently, so just adjust the cooking time by a minute or two here and there, also depending on how thick your chicken breast is to start with.
Can You Make This Slider Recipe Ahead Of Time?
Make all the parts for these sliders ahead of time and then assemble at the last minute. You can fry up the chicken cutlets and keep them warm in a low oven, or refrigerate and warm them up when you’re ready.
Make the bang bang sauce, cover and refrigerate until you’re ready. Then right before serving, add the warm chicken cutlets to a slider bun and top with mozzarella cheese. The heat from the chicken cutlet will be enough to slightly melt the cheese.
Now get the bang bang sauce drizzled on top and serve. You can also serve the bang bang sauce on the side and let your guests dip away as they eat, or add as little or as much as they like.
Not only are these Bang Bang Chicken Sliders the ultimate party food or game day food, but how about just a fun Friday night at home?
Make your chicken cutlets ahead of time, whisk together the sauce and dinner can be ready in about 10 minutes.
This chicken slider recipe is just as easy to make for dinner for 4 or a whole crowd of hungry teenagers. All you need to do is a little prep work ahead of time and then assemble the sliders when you’re ready!
Looking For More Party Food Recipes?
- BBQ Chicken Pizza
- Homemade Totino’s Pizza Rolls
- Cafeteria Sloppy Joe’s
- Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
- Italian Sausage and Potatoes
These Bang Bang Chicken Sliders are the ultimate party food recipe! Lightly pan fried, crispy chicken cutlets topped with mozzarella cheese and smothered with an addicting Bang Bang Sauce!
- 1 1/2 pounds thin sliced chicken breasts
- Kosher salt, Fresh black pepper and garlic powder for seasoning the chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups (or more as needed) Panko bread crumbs
- Vegetable or canola oil for frying
- 12 slices mozzarella cheese
- 12 slider rolls
- Bang Bang Sauce
- Start by seasoning the chicken on both sides with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Set up a breading station with the flour and cornstarch mixed together in one bowl, the buttermilk and hot sauce and egg in another bowl and the bread crumbs in a third bowl.
- Dredge the seasoned chicken into the flour mixture first, tapping off any excess, then into the buttermilk mixture, letting any excess liquid drip off, and then finally into the bread crumbs. Press the breadcrumbs into the chicken get a nice coating. Place the breaded chicken on a plate and repeat with the remaining chicken breast.
- Once you have the chicken breaded, add a thin layer of oil to a skillet and heat over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, add the breaded chicken cutlets without over crowding the skillet. It will take 2 to 3 batches depending on the size of your skillet, adding more oil as needed. Place the fried chicken cutlets on a paper towel lined board or plate while you fry the rest of the cutlets.
- Once the chicken is fried, whisk together the bang bang sauce in a small bowl and set aside.
- Assemble the sliders by cutting the cutlets into smaller pieces and placing them onto the slider buns. Top with a slice of mozzarella cheese while the cutlets are still warm and then drizzle with bang bang sauce and serve.
If you are making these sliders ahead of time, you can keep the chicken cutlets warm in a 325 degree oven for an hour or so before serving, or you can reheat them from the refrigerator this way too.
We like to have the Bang Bang Sauce at room temperature so that it doesn’t cool down the sliders too much so if you make it ahead of time, take it out of the refrigerator bout 30 minutes before serving.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mantitlement, chicken cutlets, chicken sliders, slider recipe, bang bang sauce, party food, chicken recipes, game day food